Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Miracles

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    835
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Miracles

    You want a miracle? I'll give you a miracle.

    According to the Bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Palestine. A
    country where people are named Mohammed, Abdul, Mounir, Aziz, Ahmed, Farid, Omar, Youssouf, Mouloud, etc.

    And yet He managed to find 12 friends called John, Peter, Paul, Phillip, Mark, Thomas, Luke, Matthew, Andrew and Simon . . who all drank wine!

    Now that's what I call a miracle!

  2. Likes Lucifer liked this post
  3. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    27,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jinty05 View Post
    You want a miracle? I'll give you a miracle.

    According to the Bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Palestine. A
    country where people are named Mohammed, Abdul, Mounir, Aziz, Ahmed, Farid, Omar, Youssouf, Mouloud, etc.

    And yet He managed to find 12 friends called John, Peter, Paul, Phillip, Mark, Thomas, Luke, Matthew, Andrew and Simon . . who all drank wine!

    Now that's what I call a miracle!
    No Palestinians living there at that time and it was known as Judea at that point in history.

  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    No Palestinians living there at that time and it was known as Judea at that point in history.
    You must be a blast at parties lol
    That is the most Cliff Clavin response I have seen since Cheers went off the air

  5. Likes Tarheel, Peterj, Lucifer liked this post
  6. #4
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So what was wrong with my writing "what an ignorant post". May the Mod who deleted my post please explain it, publicly? Thank you.

  7. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    27,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    You must be a blast at parties lol
    That is the most Cliff Clavin response I have seen since Cheers went off the air
    Well I could have said their names were Taom, matityah, shimon, yeshua, Kepha, Boanerges, Yahwen, Natanel...etc but were translated into Greek for the original bible but that would be too much information for many.

  8. Likes HIRAM liked this post
  9. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Well I could have said their names were Taom, matityah, shimon, yeshua, Kepha, Boanerges, Yahwen, Natanel...etc but were translated into Greek for the original bible but that would be too much information for many.
    You are right on that one Cliffy I mean Bob, that's way too much information lol

  10. Likes Peterj, Lucifer liked this post
  11. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's in the clown bin, so a reaction could be you like the joke....or not and then come up with another (better) one.

    Since when is explaining (or correcting) jokes funny....

  12. Likes Lucifer liked this post
  13. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    So what was wrong with my writing "what an ignorant post". May the Mod who deleted my post please explain it, publicly? Thank you.
    On which post was that your comment, post nr 1, or post nr2?

  14. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    27,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    On which post was that your comment, post nr 1, or post nr2?
    Why Peterj, would it be on nr2?
    Last edited by bob saunders; 07-02-2018 at 06:37 AM.

  15. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,906
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was going to remind our readers that if English was good enough for Jesus, then it's good enough for Texas, but I'm afraid Cliffy would correct me on the language spoken during biblical times.

  16. Likes Tarheel, melphis liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •