Batting for quilts

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Does anyone know which store(s) sell batting for quilts? Either poly, cotton or a blend? Hopefully someone knows a store that actually has it in stock. Thanks!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you don’t find it in SD, try Casa Toledo in San Cristobal. They have everything, too much for one building, so they have another location across the street.

I love Azua

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks Alter Ego for that fact. We will be moving to the DR in about 3 months. My wife makes 10 to 15 Quilts each year for family and "Quilts of Valor" for wounded veterans. She wants to keep doing it for a long time!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
What area are you in. There is a really big fabric store in Higuey that sells it.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
In Santo Domingo you would definitely find all that type of stuff in Duarte, north of the Colonial Zone and Chinatown, running into Villa Consuelo. This area has an amazing selection of fabrics and everything to go with them. It is quite a rough area, so I would strongly recommend going with a Dominican, dress like a local (i.e. long trousers, not beachwear) and don't carry anything which could easily be snatched. I love mooching around this area though and I've bought some amazing fabrics there.

Option 2 if you want something more civilised is the store called El Canal in Luperon, again they have a huge fabric department and I am pretty sure they will sell everything you need to make quilts.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
If you don’t find it in SD, try Casa Toledo in San Cristobal. They have everything, too much for one building, so they have another location across the street.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes we are in SD. I guess San Cristobal is the closest if we don't find it here. Please let me know if anything comes up closer.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
In Santo Domingo you would definitely find all that type of stuff in Duarte...

Option 2 if you want something more civilised is the store called El Canal in Luperon, again they have a huge fabric department and I am pretty sure they will sell everything you need to make quilts.

Thanks very much Paul. I didn't see your reply when I just posted above. Will check out El Canal and Duarte. :)

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
When you go to Duarte a good place to start is in a store called Rosario, they sell a lot of stuff for crafts