Undeveloped area waterfront lots?

jusboy

Nov 5, 2006
Can anyone with knowledge of future developments on the island suggest areas of the island where I may be able to find somewhat affordable underdeveloped waterfront land today that should be developed over the next 15 to 25 years? Think “Punta Cana 25 years ago”

I am in my mid 30’s and would like to retire someday in DR. I love Punta Cana however that area already went through its development cycle and truth of the matter is that I still have 25+ years before I retire so I have time to buy a more favorable type of property and wait.

Thoughts?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Can anyone with knowledge of future developments on the island suggest areas of the island where I may be able to find somewhat affordable underdeveloped waterfront land today that should be developed over the next 15 to 25 years? Think “Punta Cana 25 years ago”

I am in my mid 30’s and would like to retire someday in DR. I love Punta Cana however that area already went through its development cycle and truth of the matter is that I still have 25+ years before I retire so I have time to buy a more favorable type of property and wait.

Thoughts?
Luperon. The best hurricane hole in the Caribbean. It was almost developed a few years ago. It has to be eventually.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The north coast... from Gaspar Hernandez to Nagua is extremely underdeveloped.. IMO

There are some good opportunities ...

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
Your username is Luperon. Are you sure there isn’t a little bias there? :)
Totally a coincidence. :) There was suppose to be a really upscale project. ... Atlantica.

I think it died with the Hipolito presidency.

Something great has to happen there soon. I hope

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There is a lot of resale property in the Miches area. Research it to death before you hand over more than 2 pesos as no matter what area you decide on the sharks will eat you if you are not careful.

jusboy

Nov 5, 2006
Totally a coincidence. :) There was suppose to be a really upscale project. ... Atlantica.

I think it died with the Hipolito presidency.

Something great has to happen there soon. I hope

What do you mean by “hurricane hole”???

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Thoughts?

It's a real crap shoot if you are trying to speculate were development will occur in the DR. How much knowledge do you have of the Island? Save your money and put it in an investment with a guaranteed return and in 25 years you will be able to retire in style.

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Depending on what your looking for there are numerous options.
The entire country is for sale.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I agree but from a financial standpoint - it might appeal.
Close to SD....low population so far.

I'm not familiar with the area and have no desire to change that... seems bleak to me

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
What about Playa Nueva Romana?
Has a nice name. Dont know anything about it except the south is where the hurricanes hit.

Elevation, type of structure and insurance would be big factors.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Has a nice name. Dont know anything about it except the south is where the hurricanes hit.

Elevation, type of structure and insurance would be big factors.

The last time Santo Domingo was hit by a hurricane was in 1998. And the two major hurricanes last year skirted the north of the island not the south.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
The last time Santo Domingo was hit by a hurricane was in 1998. And the two major hurricanes last year skirted the north of the island not the south.
Ever watch the roulette players that track numbers? Some bet the numbers that come up often, some the opposite.

The common denominator is they are both gambling.

The South coast is right in the path, unprotected by mountains.

Elevation. Construction. Quality insurance.
6586678eb43445e0bf1c46ec028edfcf.jpg

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A storm the size of Maria from last year that hit the DR squarely would span the entire island from coast to coast. No where would be unaffected.