Mosquito bites

ian

Apr 30, 2002
What is the best stuff that i can buy in the uk to stop geting bites from Mosquito,i get a bad reaction from bites where i swell up...

Cheers Ian

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Mosquitero mio.

I just got a lovely mosquitero to keep the bugs off of me!!

(not so good for travelers though.)

Allison

Mar 22, 2002
ITCHY!

I don't know about the UK but in Canada we have something called Afterbite and it works like a charm. If you can find it get it! I never have reactions to bites and I ended up with the craziest bites on my legs and feet. All the bites swelled so much they all merged together into what looked like some crazy rash. Very attractive to say the least! Have fun!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good ideas

For all my life in the tropics-loooooong time-I have slept with mosquiteros or A/C, mostly the former. I just like it.

During the day I rarely use anything, but on golf courses or at the beach there is always bug repellant....A must. Don't scratch, since the risks of infection and scars is very high...

Around the house, we try and keep all water from stagnating in the flower pots or anything out in back-it's a hillbilly house and 40 years of 'stuff' is out back....old washing machines, a pickup truck on blocks, stuff like that...

Another thing, I have forund that skin creams are good bug repellants...Oil of Oley, or Sun screens, stuff like that....

HB Helpful Mode

needs_a_shave.gif

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
My wife has mild allergic reactions to mosquitos(they really itch and swell somewhat). This is complicated by the fact that they love her. Literally, she gets bitten 3-5 times as much as I do even when we are together. One thing that has helped is to take large amounts of vitamin B. After a period of about two weeks, she notices a great improvement in the number of bites. Some swear it works and others swear it doesn't. Note that Vitamin B is a "stress" vitamin and she was under a lot of stress from moving and all of the changes that go along with relocating to a foreign country and learning a foreign language.

Also, in our home, we use Baygon plug-ins changing them twice a day. Following this procedure in the main rooms and bedrooms of our house, our problem is reduced about 95%.

bichondad

Jan 19, 2002
Mosquitos

I work in health care and am suspicious about all those "folk remedies".

I live in the South in a swampy area with all kinds of wild bugs that eat you. I was at a party one night and was bitching about the mosquitos. Someone told me to take 4-5 garlic pills before I expose myself.

I did..............IT WORKED !!!! :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Interesting ....... Do you think it was the garlic pills or because you were exposing yourself??? Must have been a WOW at the party!!! (Sorry - couldn't resist it!!). Grahame.

qisqeyana@aol.c

Apr 19, 2002
mosquitos

Benadrill allergy either in pill or liquid start taking two weeks before exposure and keep up while in DR it has worked.

bichondad

Jan 19, 2002
BUGS

Grahame,

If you are suggesting that my little show that night frightend the bugs................WRONG :) I do thank you for the complement (?).

I've been using it (garlic pills) since when I know I'll be "available as a buffet" for the nasty bugs. :)

Ron