german woman arrested for running marijuana "plantation"

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Where I come from, 11 plants and three ounces of weed doesn't equal "a plantation". We call that an in home grow-op.

Journalistic embellishment DR style, I suspect.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you're not back home. here plus 20 grams of marijuana is classified as distribuidor/vender with 3 to 10 years of jail time.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Fine for laying charges related to distribution, but I think even a Dominican understands the difference between a plantation and a herb garden.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Where I come from, 11 plants and three ounces of weed doesn't equal "a plantation". We call that an in home grow-op.

Journalistic embellishment DR style, I suspect.

Where I come from this would land you 10 years in Florida State Prison.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We all know that drug offenses here are taken very seriously... maybe out of proportion

perhaps ' out of proportion' to some is different to others...

but -- roll with it

it is what it is............

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My comment really wasn't about the offense but the use of the word plantation by the press. I just found that word to be a misrepresentation of the facts but perhaps my worldly view/vocabulary doesn't translate well into Spanish.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
you're not back home. here plus 20 grams of marijuana is classified as distribuidor/vender with 3 to 10 years of jail time.

How many plants does that translate to?

11 plants equals 3 ounces, thus X amount of plants equals Y grams?

Someone snitched on her.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004

Someone snitched on her.
Depending on the strain and the growing and trimming experience of the individual, a properly cultivated cannabis plant(a female)can yield up to 16 ounces. Those plants were either immature or the grower had been clipping the buds to consume and make the oil(probablyCBD)found on the premises.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How readily available are vape cartridges?
They look and smell as harmless as E Cig cartridges.
I am sure these are around, as E Cigs seem to be quite popular.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Someone snitched on her.

in this case i was only referring to the ready product found in her place (73 grams). i do not know how do they treat possession of plants but it's very possible it will push the sentence towards the higher end.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
in this case i was only referring to the ready product found in her place (73 grams). i do not know how do they treat possession of plants but it's very possible it will push the sentence towards the higher end.

Having the final product would make one a user, and having the plants a producer/distributor?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
.....wow ,,,,,,,,I will certainly sleep better tonight....now that drug growing.dealing,fiend is locked up...I am very sure the police needed all those people to shut down that massive operation..... plus they dont need the competition at the drug points......

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
220px-Reefer_Madness_%281936%29.jpg

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
.....wow ,,,,,,,,I will certainly sleep better tonight....now that drug growing.dealing,fiend is locked up...I am very sure the police needed all those people to shut down that massive operation..... plus they dont need the competition at the drug points......

Why did she not have such an operation in her home nation?

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Im dominican and all, but its really stupid to come to a foreign third world country you obviously know nothing about and do ILLEGAL things, especially things that have to do with drugs....

Now she's gonna experience what living in a third world prison cell will be like.. I honestly feel bad for her, but people think life is a joke sometimes, until reality hits, and it hits HARD.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Im dominican and all, but its really stupid to come to a foreign third world country you obviously know nothing about and do ILLEGAL things, especially things that have to do with drugs....

Now she's gonna experience what living in a third world prison cell will be like.. I honestly feel bad for her, but people think life is a joke sometimes, until reality hits, and it hits HARD.

Now she can hang out with those Rastas that got busted a couple of years ago on the north coast I think it was.
Now they can exchange ideas. ;)

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
This is such a shame! Meanwhile corrupt politicians/cops/military go around like nothing happened, and the rest of us/them get drunk with legal booze.
Cannabis has to be 100% legal, thank you Uruguay, Jamaica & Canada for leading the way!
DR will follow because we always follow whatever's trendy.