Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This is my 7th summer in a row I'm staying in Santiago. Looking to hang out

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzin View Post
    Learn Spanish, just a little will help a lot....

Will help alot than you don't need a lambone with you all the time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Gringos have money, Dominicans have time in hands to spend!

JJ

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Santiago is great. May I ask... Why summer?

IMO Winter is better.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    LUperon is a great place to visit and hang out at Wendys Bar meet loads of ex-pats . I arrived yesterday and it was the first place I headed for.
    Cool ocean breeze , cold beer, good rum selection and plenty of restaurants to choose from. Nothing high-class.

Been coming here for 9 years and never regretted the visits.

Lots of chicas and chicos... whatever you wish.
    No need of a body guard especially one who protects his client from others who may draw from the pocketbook.
    Very protective, those body guards!!
    The Malicoln in Puerto Playa is definitely getting better and Wendy's is a great Casita to visit , there are quite a few of these little houses along the beach there and it's really nice, but mind you , it is not like Sosua or Cabarette with plenty of hotels close by.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joof - I'm from Philly too! And we're close in age.... alas, I'm a woman and not into looking for the ladies. Santiago is a great place. Are you still volunteering and coaching basketball?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

wasted Time

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joof View Post
    Hey. Do you want to talk in a private message and exchange numbers? I can meet anywhere in santiago-my apartment is by aloha sol

I have some friends and friends of friends looking at prices for me to stay at a beach for anywhere from 1 week to one month starting this weekend. When i come back next year i could stay at the place (s) i tried out This year.

I want to walk to the beach so i don't have to take taxis and concho publicos to get to the beach
    That neighborhood isnt the best to meet the middle class women you want to meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Would respectable Dominicans from certain societal levels be caught in or near Sosua? I believe both locales carry the same reputation. Although not a fan of either place, with the exception of a restaurant or two in Boca Chica, I do not denigrate the Dominicans that reside there as some here choose to do.
    Boca Chica is horrible place. Anybody who recommended it isnt a guy you want to hang around.

The Thermoquad Cowboy

8. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    That neighborhood isnt the best to meet the middle class women you want to meet.Boca Chica is horrible place. Anybody who recommended it isnt a guy you want to hang around.

The Thermoquad Cowboy
    well said Cowboy its loaded with aids and locasl bugging the blank out of you to buy something.....there are two nice restaurants

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaTeacher View Post
    Hey Joof - I'm from Philly too! And we're close in age.... alas, I'm a woman and not into looking for the ladies. Santiago is a great place. Are you still volunteering and coaching basketball?
    Hey lateacher. I finished coaching for this summer but may still atttend a few practices. The language barrier made things next to impossible so next year i may ask for the youngest group since they need the most help and don't argue as much with each other. Plus it wasn't my team i followed the main coach so i was more of an assistant who just wanted to see if this is a viable option for the future. I coach back home so it's a lot easier to start a team from day 1 then show up in the middle of the season

Where do you stay?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ooh La La, USN View Post
    That neighborhood isnt the best to meet the middle class women you want to meet.Boca Chica is horrible place. Anybody who recommended it isnt a guy you want to hang around.

The Thermoquad Cowboy
    What neighborhood are you talking about?

Just an fyi I have no plans to go to boca chica. I went there 7 years ago once or twice when i stayed in santiago. I know it's seedy. I also had a friend from dr1 or couchsurfing who lived in juan dolio. I Dont think he's on this site anymore or that site anymore. He showed me around a bit

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast