This is my 7th summer in a row I'm staying in Santiago. Looking to hang out

joof

Jul 10, 2012
Hey,

My only option to hang at night is with a Dominican and i get tired of paying his bill (he's essentially my wingman and bodyguard). Maybe someone else can hang with me and chat up some middle class ladies.

I'm laid back, calm, and 39 yo (from Philadelphia)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Do you expect someone to hang out and watch your a$$ for free?
Hire a cool driver that watches out and provides you with VIP service and a ride, maybe he even has a few primas!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Dominican friends you can rent, foreigner types worth hanging with not so much. I understand your overture and desire to meet new people, preferably with enough money to pay for their own drinks. While I like to drink often, unfortunately, I don't live in Santiago and I am not interested in chatting up women of any social standing as my wife disapproves of that activity.

Find out where the foreigners go to socialize and go there to meet them. Be careful, sharks come in all sizes and colours.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What is it you like about Santiago? I don't mind the city for the quick visits I make to it regularly, but I would not consider it a place to spend summers. I would suggest at least visiting a coastal area and you might have more options of companions you don't have to pay.

bulldog

Jul 2, 2018
Yea, maybe try Boca Chica. Good beach there and also in the all inclusive resorts you find a lot of Europeans who walk around at night. Girls are good there but you have to be careful and don't get involved with the loud mouths and heavy drinkers. You can find some local there to help you out but expect to give some pesos for the tour.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
What is it you like about Santiago? I don't mind the city for the quick visits I make to it regularly, but I would not consider it a place to spend summers. I would suggest at least visiting a coastal area and you might have more options of companions you don't have to pay.

Was thinking the same thing...
When I get on that Plane ... my ticket may say arriving at STI... but my mind is on THAT beach ( insert your favorite) , The Sand between my toes, The smell of Pescado Frito in the air, and the noise my New Chancletas will be making as I am walking fast pace to my favorite beach SPOT under a shade tree.

Hanging out at the Monument, the mall, or even visiting my favorite restaurant in Los Jardines.... although nice.. .are not exactly the first things that come to mind, as the Jet Blue wheels are touching down & the clapping starts ..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[video=youtube;MwPsA5psiS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPsA5psiS8[/video]

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
but my mind is on THAT beach ( insert your favorite) , The Sand between my toes, The smell of Pescado Frito in the air, and the noise my New Chancletas will be making as I am walking fast pace to my favorite beach SPOT under a shade tree...

Ahhhh!!!!!!!! HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
LUperon is a great place to visit and hang out at Wendys Bar meet loads of ex-pats . I arrived yesterday and it was the first place I headed for.
Cool ocean breeze , cold beer, good rum selection and plenty of restaurants to choose from. Nothing high-class.

Been coming here for 9 years and never regretted the visits.

Lots of chicas and chicos... whatever you wish.
No need of a body guard especially one who protects his client from others who may draw from the pocketbook.
Very protective, those body guards!!

joof

Jul 10, 2012

I want to get to know the real culture. I have friends here now (mostly girls or married guys). I also coach basketball and was volunteering at a school. I'm actually planning on going to two different beaches for a week this summer (sosua and punta cana) to chaNge things up a bit

joof

Jul 10, 2012
LUperon is a great place to visit and hang out at Wendys Bar meet loads of ex-pats . I arrived yesterday and it was the first place I headed for.
Cool ocean breeze , cold beer, good rum selection and plenty of restaurants to choose from. Nothing high-class.

Been coming here for 9 years and never regretted the visits.

Lots of chicas and chicos... whatever you wish.
No need of a body guard especially one who protects his client from others who may draw from the pocketbook.
Very protective, those body guards!!

I'll check out luperon, thanks

joof

Jul 10, 2012
Yea, maybe try Boca Chica. Good beach there and also in the all inclusive resorts you find a lot of Europeans who walk around at night. Girls are good there but you have to be careful and don't get involved with the loud mouths and heavy drinkers. You can find some local there to help you out but expect to give some pesos for the tour.

I've been to boca chica the first summer i stayed in santiago. Maybe i can do the resort thing there. Any ideas on prices to expect during the summer? I don't drink much so i should stay clear of what you mentioned

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013

Boca Chica??? That's just mean. That place is the ultimate cesspool of the DR

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

I would pass on Boca Sucia.....place is infested with evil

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
Boca chica is not the best beach.

Neither is punta cana.

You could stay at a hostel on kite beach and learn to kite surf, takes a week of daily classes.

Las galeras is also somewhere I'd like to go for a week.

We could meet up for dinner some night in Santiago with Gary expat

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hey,

My only option to hang at night is with a Dominican and i get tired of paying his bill (he's essentially my wingman and bodyguard). Maybe someone else can hang with me and chat up some middle class ladies.

7 years in a row to Santiago. That's a lot! Why not try going somehwere else this year? And hey, drop that friend!

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Hey,

Let me know joof when you are in Santiago. I know the city and where the ladies are (which is everywhere).

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

No offense bulldog but B.C. is a true *hithole. If you want a B.C. type feel/activity Sosua even in it's reduced state is still head and shoulders better than B.C. plus you have Cabarete close by.