Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Haiti Riots Over Fuel Cost Increase

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I agree with you Ogre, all of the more desirable places going forward will see an ever increasing number of individuals who want to relocate from where they are. Some will fill out paperwork and wait for a call, others will claim some sort of persecution to jump to the head of the line and some will just wait for darkness and hope no one is watching.
    Future generations will venerate those who actually showed resolve and character in protecting their nations and cultures

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already doing something. Increased patrols, readiness, etc. The writings on the wall.

A wall seems like a huge undertaking here, but who knows. It could happen. Electronic surveillance, foot patrols, dogs, and of course Navy patrols. Piece o' cake.
    I remember many years ago I extrapolated the cost per kilometer of the fence/wall built by Israel on its border with Palestine (West Bank, Gaza) and applied it to the DR border.

I did this under the assumption that the per kilometer cost for a well built wall along the border with Haiti would be less than whatever Israel spent on its own wall. The underlying assumption is that much of the materials needed to build the wall can be produced within the DR and labor costs are unquestionably lower in the DR than in Israel. I completely ignored any additions to the cost due to the much more rugged nature of the terrain along much of the border with Haiti, which is not the case in Israel/Palestine.

Anyway, I remember that the final number (cost per kilometer of Israel's wall multiplied by the length of the border with Haiti) was less than the cost of the first line of the Santo Domingo Metro. If I remember correctly, the first line of the metro cost around US$800 million back in 2008 (I think that's when the metro was inaugurated.)

If the DR was able to build not just one line but also part of a second line of the metro for much more money than what building an Israeli type wall along the border would cost, then it's very clear that the only thing standing in the way of building the wall is lack of willingness or fear of criticisms.
    Moderator Polls Forum

3. Likes Ogre of the Caribbean liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post

If the DR was able to build not just one line but also part of a second line of the metro for much more money than what building an Israeli type wall along the border would cost, then it's very clear that the only thing standing in the way of building the wall is lack of willingness or fear of criticisms.
    Lack of balls and a supernatural fear of losing their precious US visas on the part of these junk politicos. Plus, there is the matter of all those drug cases and the extradition card always at hand on every dealing of the USDOS with the scum here.

5. Likes Ogre of the Caribbean liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678