Hello DR1

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
I have read this site for years, and have finally started to participate a little here and there. Now that I will be relocating to DR, I dont want to just take from the site, but also contribute. I see this site as a very valuable tool to both the season vet, and the fresh newbie.

I am 38 years old, from the Bronx. I have lived, and been friends with Dominicans, for my whole life. Dominicans have always shown me a lot of love, I think in general they get a bad wrap in the eyes of many. With that being said, I am not blind to many of the ills that plague the DR as well.

I have been visiting DR since 2004 with "dom yorks" and have seen many parts of the island. I have well over 50 trips of 1 week or longer. My longest trip being 2 months when my daughter was born in 2017. Even with this time spent, I know this is still going to be a major transition, With many bumps along the way.

My wife is from Valverde de Mao, although I love it there and the surrounding areas up in the mountains. There isnt an international school for my daughter, nor a lot of activities for her to partake in. So, we will reside in santiago while my wife finishes her school. I believe she has 4 semesters left. She took a break after my daughter, so we could all live together in NY. Now its time for us to return.

My daughter is going to be 3 in October, so the need to find a school isnt urgent. I would like to be in a coastal town by time shes 5. I look foward to checking out costambar, rio san juan and cabrera in the up coming months. As I will have plenty of free time.

A good chiropracter is going to be key in my transition, as I have had a back surgery in December. I will be having another one this month, and possibly a 3rd after the new year. I am also interested in accupunture as well. Any recommendations in Santiago, or northcoast towns is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again DR1

Tom

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Welcome and best of luck to you and your family Tom. (sorry don't know any chiropractors or acupuncturists).

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have read this site for years, and have finally started to participate a little here and there. Now that I will be relocating to DR, I dont want to just take from the site, but also contribute. I see this site as a very valuable tool to both the season vet, and the fresh newbie.

I am 38 years old, from the Bronx. I have lived, and been friends with Dominicans, for my whole life. Dominicans have always shown me a lot of love, I think in general they get a bad wrap in the eyes of many. With that being said, I am not blind to many of the ills that plague the DR as well.

I have been visiting DR since 2004 with "dom yorks" and have seen many parts of the island. I have well over 50 trips of 1 week or longer. My longest trip being 2 months when my daughter was born in 2017. Even with this time spent, I know this is still going to be a major transition, With many bumps along the way.

My wife is from Valverde de Mao, although I love it there and the surrounding areas up in the mountains. There isnt an international school for my daughter, nor a lot of activities for her to partake in. So, we will reside in santiago while my wife finishes her school. I believe she has 4 semesters left. She took a break after my daughter, so we could all live together in NY. Now its time for us to return.

My daughter is going to be 3 in October, so the need to find a school isnt urgent. I would like to be in a coastal town by time shes 5. I look foward to checking out costambar, rio san juan and cabrera in the up coming months. As I will have plenty of free time.

A good chiropracter is going to be key in my transition, as I have had a back surgery in December. I will be having another one this month, and possibly a 3rd after the new year. I am also interested in accupunture as well. Any recommendations in Santiago, or northcoast towns is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again DR1

Tom

i wish you a smooth transition. if you ever need to ask me anything, fire away.

where in the Bronx are you from, by the way?