Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swift Code or IBAN # - (Banco Santa Cruz)

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swift Code or IBAN # - (Banco Santa Cruz)

I recently opened a new account and want to switch from BanReservas to Banco Santa Cruz

Now I had no issue setting up transfers with BanReservas, but they are not a user friendly bank if I need to go in
    Banco (super long & a not so friendly staff) Santa Cruz most definitely is with very friendly people - in my case.

But in trying to set up the first wire tansfer from Chase bank after I enter the Swift code the correct bank and address in Santo Domingo appear but when entering the account number (mine) it tells me "Please tell us a IBAN using only letters, numbers and/or these characters: /-"

Anyone have experience transferring to Banco Santa Cruz who might tell me what I might be doing wrong without protracted phone calls

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swift Code or IBAN # - (Banco Santa Cruz)

Agree with abuela. I used SCRZDOSDXXX two days ago and transfer went thru.

As for the IBAN... it should just be your account number. Don’t include any spaces.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be that there is an intermediary bank involved and then the iban they ask is the iban of Santa Cruz with that bank. Your account would then be additional information.

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

That may be it but Chase told me the Intermediary Bank, which is Citibank would be automatically contacted

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Tranferwise also charges a fee and the bank in DR does too. My account at Chase is free for up to 4 Transfers per month

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d try to include the BIC / Swift of Citibank on the intermediary bank of you didn't already. What also once happened to me, but I don’t recall if it was with BSC was that I needed to use as many characters as an iban is long, so your account number with enough zeros as prefix.

You probably already found this but just in case:
    https://www.bsc.com.do/~bsccom/wp-co...TRUCTIONS2.pdf

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It's extra complicated when there is an intermediary bank, I gave up trying to transfer to BHDLeon because of that.... (that is transferring via internet/online and not turning up at a bank to fill up forms etc.).

(I know some other banks can accept international transfers directly, Banco Popular is one of them.)

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzin View Post
    It's extra complicated when there is an intermediary bank, I gave up trying to transfer to BHDLeon because of that.... (that is transferring via internet/online and not turning up at a bank to fill up forms etc.).

(I know some other banks can accept international transfers directly, Banco Popular is one of them.)
    I finally got my transfer to leave my US Chase bank doing it from an online transfer.
    Let's see how long it takes till Banco Santa Cruz record it and makes funds available (hopefully it does show up in my account).
    The secret was not using the "dashes" that Banco Santa Cruz gave me in my IBAN #. Just the letters and numbers

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wire to Progreso thru the US and the money arrives next day and is available immediately

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast