Looking for eye doctor in the Cabarete/Sosua area

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I am looking for a eye doctor who speaks english in the Cabarete/Sosua area.
Can go to Puerto plata if needed.
I have my US health insurance ,not a local one through my wife who is still working.

Let me know if you have any recommendation.

Thank you.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Dr Carlos Burroughs 809-586-2342 office is in Bournigal Hospital. Speaks English & Spanish

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
None in Sosua or Cabarete, you will have to go to Puerto Plata and the only person to go to is Dr Carlos Burroughs as Abuela mentioned, he is the best around.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
None in Sosua or Cabarete, you will have to go to Puerto Plata and the only person to go to is Dr Carlos Burroughs as Abuela mentioned, he is the best around.

Got it .Thank you @abuela and @tee.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

And when I had an issue Burroughs could not attend to, that required laser surgery to correct, he sent me to Dr Sebastian Guzman, son of an eye doctor, at Corominas Clinic in Santiago who resolved my issue. Excellent English as he attended schools in the US as well as other locations.

http://corominas.com.do/doctor/sebastian-guzman/

http://fundacionpedroguzman.org/?page_id=372

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Consider Dr. Joe Asilis in Santiago. One of the most impressive opthamologists I have ever seen with a practice resembling a solid US practitioner.

He has offices at Clinica Bonilla & HOMS.

Reactions: Expat-in-Cabarete

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I woiuld go with either of the last two.
Guzman's dad was Cornell.
Joe Asilis was a pioneer in laser eye surgery.
Both at the top of the group.

HB

Reactions: Expat-in-Cabarete

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Can anyone recommend an eye doctor in Sosua/Cabarete? Asking because this is an old thread, my wife needs immediate attention and Dr Burroughs in POP appears booked for the whole month.