Arroyo Hondo viejo vs Alameda

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Me again with plans to move, This time for sure... :)

After several times having the parking ground and the whole part of the street in front flooded up to two feet Beryl gave it the rest this week, the water stood 4 feet and my car was flooded, we have enough and we will move.

Being offered several houses with yard in Alameda and Arroyo Hondo viejo I wonder which part you would choose?

Will go to check out both areas when I have my car fixed and back from the workshop where it is to dry out :mad:

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Me again with plans to move, This time for sure... :)

After several times having the parking ground and the whole part of the street in front flooded up to two feet Beryl gave it the rest this week, the water stood 4 feet and my car was flooded, we have enough and we will move.

Being offered several houses with yard in Alameda and Arroyo Hondo viejo I wonder which part you would choose?

Will go to check out both areas when I have my car fixed and back from the workshop where it is to dry out :mad:

I'm in Viejo AH and an area I like even better is over Julieta near Churchill-Might want to check that out. Especially around Calle Maximo Aviles Blonda.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I'm in Viejo AH and an area I like even better is over Julieta near Churchill-Might want to check that out. Especially around Calle Maximo Aviles Blonda.

Are there houses with yard? All I have seen offered so far in Julieta are apartments? Is La Aldaba and La Agustina something worth looking at too? Or are these barrios?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Isn’t la Alameda near prol. 27 / av beisbolistas? AH viejo anytime then. Better neighborhood, malls near, botanic garden not that far and better / more schools in case you have children (don’t remember if you do).

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes, I have. Alameda (yes near prol.27) is closer to the APEC school on 27 though where our 8 y/o goes to.

But we have time until 31st to decide to renew at APEC or look for another school close to AH if we decide to move there. Of course AH appeals much more to me too than Alameda.

We also need a public school nearby for the girl that helps with the baby etc.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think even APEC is faster from AH viejo (taking los proceros and luperon) than from prolongación 27, passing by ‘Pinturas’, especially if they finally start making the tunnel below plaza de la
Bandera which will complicate traffic even more there for several years.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I think even APEC is faster from AH viejo (taking los proceros and luperon) than from prolongación 27, passing by ‘Pinturas’, especially if they finally start making the tunnel below plaza de la
Bandera which will complicate traffic even more there for several years.

Didn't know there comes a tunnel. Well, in that case... :)

But I checked maps, there are some colegios and even a public school near by, will check them out next week.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002