Ministerio for foreighn affairs is gonna make yr face pic for ID? WTACH YOUR SHOES !

allesfantastisch

Jul 14, 2018
No matter how decent you are dressed -tie, jacket or suit and so on) but to make a face picture in the ministerio of foreighn affairs you will be refused if your shoes are too (subj. to their judgement) open. Even with new socks !
It would be an excellent idea to grant governmental rulers a generous travel budget to take a look elsewhere and learn.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Derf.... hahaha
somebody got banned for talking about that.... sandals/sox

The dress code is clearly posted and cites no open toed shoes...
open is open....

Foot fetishes are banned..... no toe sucking....
Yes - I have met John Bryan

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
No matter how decent you are dressed -tie, jacket or suit and so on) but to make a face picture in the ministerio of foreighn affairs you will be refused if your shoes are too (subj. to their judgement) open. Even with new socks !
It would be an excellent idea to grant governmental rulers a generous travel budget to take a look elsewhere and learn.

Whenever I encounter this type of inanity at a government office or private enterprise I just smile to myself and move along. Luckily, I have almost no need to interact with any ministerio, of which there are too many, and they don't affect my blood pressure, which is always within acceptable parameters for my age and lifestyle.

allesfantastisch

Jul 14, 2018
shoes

Do you wear a tie with sandals then?

Indeed, I did. It was too hot to use closed shoes. My clothes were new and respectful. Tie and jacket despite the outside temperatures. I did to want to look like a gipsy on my official documents ofcoarse.

As long as cattle like pigs, donkey's, horses and cows, goats and dogs walks free on the public road and 1000' s of motorbikers are without insurance and people gets injured because of open potholes and bad road conditions I should be able to walk with open shoes, everywhere I guess ?

allesfantastisch

Jul 14, 2018
Reason to post the event was not the los of my sense of humor.
It is just to warn everybody that has to go there for a face picture sooner or later.

Even more bizar is that this only goes for men. Women can just walk in even without socks and with total open shoes even.

I wonder how long the inventer of these kind of rules had to sit thinking behind his desk to come with this one.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Indeed, I did. It was too hot to use closed shoes. My clothes were new and respectful. Tie and jacket despite the outside temperatures. I did to want to look like a gipsy on my official documents ofcoarse.

As long as cattle like pigs, donkey's, horses and cows, goats and dogs walks free on the public road and 1000' s of motorbikers are without insurance and people gets injured because of open potholes and bad road conditions I should be able to walk with open shoes, everywhere I guess ?

Do keep in mind that you are not the tail that is going to wag this dog. Amusing to observe, annoying to be disturbed by it. Whenever I see such silliness I have learned to just smile inside and do what is needed to make it through another day. (Except for the other day at Migracion, when they were able to exceed even my limits.)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When I received by Citizenship notice they said to show up for the ceremony insemi-formal clothing, ties not required. Most people showed up in suits or at least dress pants and a nice shirt. Most women were very well dressed, but there were a few Europeans that showed up in shorts, sandals, crumped shirts...etc.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Si it was to hot for closed shoes so you put on sandals, but it was to hot for a tie but you put one on. :confused:

Sep 20, 2003
This is about respect for the office and the process. When I interned in the court system in the US, no sweatpants or hats (baseball caps) were allowed. People who showed up in sweat pants were sent home and told to change. I don't think every aspect of life should be treated so causally or informally. These standards exist for a reason. Rules are rules. I'm glad the government is enforcing standards--even if you don't agree with them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Si it was to hot for closed shoes so you put on sandals, but it was to hot for a tie but you put one on. :confused:

strange indeed.

during one of my cedula renewal i was wearing heels and a killer dress but alas, the sleeves were judged to be too short for official photo. i was about to send off miesposo to the bathroom to give me his shirt and hide away his semi naked body when one of the workers took pity on me and gave me a jacket. it was meant for a dwarf, apparently and i was barely able to fit in (i am slim but regular height). lesson learnt, now i usually wear pants and long sleeve shirt for such trips.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
When I went with a friend to see someone in the public hospital in Santiago, I was not allowed in because I was wearing shorts. There is no such rule at the posh private hospitals that I have visited! Anyway, I asked the security guard who was stopping me from entering if it would be alright if I wore a skirt like the females that were going in and he didn't see the funny side.

Actually I was lucky, because the sick person would probably have asked me for financial help!

allesfantastisch

Jul 14, 2018
Right..I know... I also hate that. That's why I showed up in new sharp ironed clothes, tie and jacket. My shoes were also brandnew and a bit open but with socks. Disrespectful clothing is typical for European people, I know. (Like they go for hiking)

I just posted this to warn people that have to spend a full day waiting there to have just the right shoes.....

allesfantastisch

Jul 14, 2018
Just for that picture ofcoarse. My shoes were not suposed to be in the ID picture. Next time i can held them up maybe behind my ears to prove I was dressed respectfully.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Just for that picture ofcoarse. My shoes were not suposed to be in the ID picture. Next time i can held them up maybe behind my ears to prove I was dressed respectfully.

you could make some money off that providing that the shoes are the only thing you'd be wearing :laugh:

in all seriousness, thanks for sharing. now we know: long sleeves, long pants and covered shoes.

allesfantastisch

Jul 14, 2018
Who said I disagree? I fully agree and I do have a lot of respect for the office, the governmental rulers of DR and all that they did achieve to have a perfect country.