Bringing my new wife and baby to USA.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I would like to be able to bring my wife and new baby with me to the USA when I return to USA for a three month stay. Is this easy to accomplish? This is not a permanent stay in USA...but only a visit....and thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Doesnt seem likely.

I suggest that you visit the US Consulate and consult with them. Take any documents relative to your marriage and the birth of your baby...
Also all of your proof of citizenship.

However, I would not hold out too much hope.....

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

hypolite

Apr 21, 2002
Is it really so difficult?

I have a dear friend who would like to come to the USA on a visitors visa. Is it really that difficult for Dominicans to get visa's to the US?

Is this true for all types of visas?

I'm a little concerned.

Claire

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, it is difficult. Too many Dominicans have gone to the US on a visitors visa and never returned.

Most likely to get visas are people who have a clear reason for returning, e.g., owner of a profitable business, a couple that leaves the children at home while visiting the US, a professional with a successful practice. Clearer the reason to return the easier it is to get a visa.

Jules

May 7, 2002
Another twist

I have another twist. I am concerned for a relative of mine in the DR. What are the chances of getting a son or daughter out of the DR, if the DR Mother has left the American Father with the child, and ran off to another country. What are the chances of the American Father getting his child out?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
No problem. As Hillbilly wrote in another post, just get the papers for the child through the US Embassy (see his post in the Worried about Brother thread for more details), and make your way home. If there was never a marriage, then he would have to prove the baby is his by lab test and that the mother abandoned the baby and then most likely will be given custody by the courts. This system works well and looks out for the welfare of the child. The process may take some time.