Instituto Postal Dominicano Santiago

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, FYI on 7JUN18 I used "Expedicion Codigos Servicio Registrado" service at a cost of 145 pesos for a document sized envelope. It arrived in Florida on 11JUL18.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
hay it arrived! count the lucky stars. Yes sometimes take ages, but envelops sent to US have always arrived for me. don't know about sending packages, and receiving stuff? although I did receive social security info the other day through the postal service.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Good Morning, FYI on 7JUN18 I used "Expedicion Codigos Servicio Registrado" service at a cost of 145 pesos for a document sized envelope. It arrived in Florida on 11JUL18.

For about the price of $3.00 dollars that is not bad.....4 day transit....good to hear....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have been using the Dominican mail service recently with decent results, about 10 days delivered to the states.

And since the USPS gives mailing boxes and envelopes at no cost, I orders a bunch of Priority Mail Tyvek envelopes in two sizes and small boxes and my only cost was EPS charges.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
À month and 4 days you probably mean.

I've said many a time using IMPOSDOM for registered mail gets pretty decent service. If it's not registered it can be a crap shoot.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Here in Las Terrenas, we have a brand new INPOSDOM, meaning there is also an INPOSPAK. Rates are almost half-price compared to the regular couriers such as CPS, Mailbox and EPS.

I am wondering if it's reliable, being government owned...

Anyone using INPOSPAK here?

http://inposdom.gob.do/inpospak/

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Here in Las Terrenas, we have a brand new INPOSDOM, meaning there is also an INPOSPAK. Rates are almost half-price compared to the regular couriers such as CPS, Mailbox and EPS.

I am wondering if it's reliable, being government owned...

Anyone using INPOSPAK here?

http://inposdom.gob.do/inpospak/
If only they would do this for outbound packages...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

When it absolutely, positively doesn't have to be there any time soon! Manana, Manana.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
....the start of this thread said Santiago postal......its located on del sol street,not far from the monument.....very old and big almost colonial ....go inside and walk around and watch what the 2 employees do.....then tell me if you would use them...........Doc......

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
....the start of this thread said Santiago postal......its located on del sol street,not far from the monument.....very old and big almost colonial ....go inside and walk around and watch what the 2 employees do.....then tell me if you would use them...........Doc......
I've shipped coffee samples from that location with no problems.

Slow, but no problems.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
I forgot to say that about a month before I tried them with their most expensive Super Duper Registered with tracking number etc {about 1,500 DOP} mail and it took two weeks to arrive. The 145 DOP envelope had a tracking number that used the same site.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I forgot to say that about a month before I tried them with their most expensive Super Duper Registered with tracking number etc {about 1,500 DOP} mail and it took two weeks to arrive. The 145 DOP envelope had a tracking number that used the same site.
But how do you track packages with the number?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
imposdom.gob.do

They have the same basic setup as the other couriers.

They also have a FB page, but not for tracking: https://www.facebook.com/inposdomrd/

You'll find some pretty interesting comments on their FB page
The Inposdom website has been down for quite a while now.

A bit of performance related data: I mailed several similar packages to KS & FL on July 6, 2018, registered from Jarabacoa. I just got word the one to Kanses was delivered today, August 13, four and a half weeks delivery time.

Just sayin'...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The Inposdom website has been down for quite a while now.

A bit of performance related data: I mailed several similar packages to KS & FL on July 6, 2018, registered from Jarabacoa. I just got word the one to Kanses was delivered today, August 13, four and a half weeks delivery time.

Just sayin'...

I ordered an item from California and had it sent to my address in British Columbia. July 23rd and it hasn't reached Canada yet. My mother has sent me a number of letters and packages from Canada to here through the mail system. Delivery times is usually about three weeks.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I ordered an item from California and had it sent to my address in British Columbia. July 23rd and it hasn't reached Canada yet. My mother has sent me a number of letters and packages from Canada to here through the mail system. Delivery times is usually about three weeks.

Could it have been sent to the UK, or possibly an ex-patriot enclave in Colombia?