FAX ????

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I am at wit's end trying to find a FAX service. I have a signed legal document that I must send to the U.S., so I cannot do a text attachment. I have beat the streets, enquiring at about 15 services, the services with Internet and copies, in both Zona Colonial and Gazcue. In Gazcue I even found an immigration service that advertised FAX but "Lo and behold!" -- We have no FAX here. That just kills me when a business advertises services that no longer exist but refuse to take down the sign. Duh!

Googling also fails. I find references to FAX machines and FAX services in name only, for there are no addresses or phone numbers.

Ideally, I'd like to find a premier place that not only does FAX but also photographic printing, etc.

Any suggestions? If you can suggest a place I will certainly call in advance before ponying up money for a taxi!

Thank you!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Many online Fax services available, just make a quality scan out of the document, upload it to an online service and send it. The times I've needed to send a fax, haven't even paid for the service, as they usually give free samples, but even if you had to pay, it's pretty cheap.

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
I am at wit's end trying to find a FAX service. I have a signed legal document that I must send to the U.S., so I cannot do a text attachment. I have beat the streets, enquiring at about 15 services, the services with Internet and copies, in both Zona Colonial and Gazcue. In Gazcue I even found an immigration service that advertised FAX but "Lo and behold!" -- We have no FAX here. That just kills me when a business advertises services that no longer exist but refuse to take down the sign. Duh!

Googling also fails. I find references to FAX machines and FAX services in name only, for there are no addresses or phone numbers.

Ideally, I'd like to find a premier place that not only does FAX but also photographic printing, etc.

Any suggestions? If you can suggest a place I will certainly call in advance before ponying up money for a taxi!

Thank you!

I have used myfaxcentral for years. The web address follows: https://secure.myfax.com/login.aspx. You only need a computer, scanner, and internet connection. You can transmit and receive faxes as though you had an actual machine.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Try a hotel, preferably a larger chain. Think Hilton, Sheraton, or Marriott. Don't forget to mojar la mano.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
OP: Thanks: Faxing from the Capital

Thanks! DR1 always come through with great suggestions. I didn't know that with scanned documents (easy to find scanning in the city), I could upload to a fax service.

I tried the recommends, then went to the NYT Wirecutter. Their number one recommendation was for faxzero.com

The great thing about this website is that you can go fee or pay a tiny money for more features AND you don't have to register at the website. As you as you navigate to their home page, you can send a fax! Just have to do actual send (and identity verification) by responding to link in your email. They email you when your FAX succeeds or fails.

On the negative side, it was impossible to figure out from the website if there were any parameters for international faxes. I sent my fax to the U.S. from the D.R. with just the plain old U.S. fax number.

I have sent it now and we'll see what happens. I'll update if I get a fail . . .

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Thank you!

I'm confused? Why would there be any difference between faxing an original or scanning and e-mailing it. The end result is the same?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I'm confused? Why would there be any difference between faxing an original or scanning and e-mailing it. The end result is the same?

I have inquired the same and the answer was that the email can be hacked but the fax cannot. therefore more secure. they normally won't accept secure messages services either.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
e.g.
Ontario will not allow medical records to be transmitted electronically... fax only

During my recent medical experiences - I needed to buy a printer w/ the fax option
that used to be easy.... not so easy any more....possible but not easy

bienamor is right.... no hacking a fax

remember how amazed & happy we were when faxes came into being ??
was a technological breakthrough.....
dark ages ago

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I deal with someone who is paranoid about sending info via email so it has to be by fax.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
phones are notoriously insecure. :) a client who insisted on paying with checks because he felt like it was more secure than a credit card. but if a bad guy gets your account number, (it is printed on the check), you actually have to close the account. anyone can print a check on their own printer, at home.