The Chicken Man

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A few years ago there was a thread about A Chicken Man who sold fresh killed chickens on a street corner in I believe it was the La Fe section of Santo Domingo. OK, north coasters and barrio folks i know this ain't nothing new to you but in Santo Domingo D.N. you don't exactly have the truck driving by with a pot of boiling water selling fresh, killed and plucked chickens.

I happened to be walking a section of Parasio this morning and lo and behold on the street corner was another Chicken Man. The funniest part there was this live chicken walking around his feet with head bobbing looking up at the chicken man like he was his best friend. I am thinking , darn it chicken don't you know you could be next?

I am going to have to give it a try one day. I know them fresh chicken eggs is yemmy but this city boy got to adapt to how cute you little chickie was and how dead you are now to be ready to be put on my plate.

Just a little funny ................

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I used to pass by that chicken man in Ensanche la de everyday until February of this year. Corner Francisco Villaespesa and Juan Alejandro Ibarra. He actually made a real good living with his family of it, working on the corner in the morning and delivering to customers in the afternoon. As a child he used to be a student of the school of my inlaws in the same neighborhood.

But in sectors like La Fe, villa Juana, Herrera but also in Las Praderas someone selling chicken like that is not such a rare sight.

In Herrera I have two customers who are near a street where living goats are lined up on one side of the street and the dead goat hanging on the other side.