Police execute a young man in plain daylight.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
This is DeepL translation:

A Municipal Police sergeant shot a man in the head on Wednesday on John F. Kennedy Avenue, across the street from the Ágora Mall, when he was allegedly carrying out a clean-up operation on the area's pedlars.

The victim was identified as Mariano Figueroa de Paula, 45, who, according to his documents, resided at kilometer 17 of the Duarte highway.

While the sergeant named as the author of Figueroa de Paula's death was identified by the police as Angel Ogando Ogando Ogando, who is being held at the 9 kilometer detachment of the Duarte Highway for investigation.

Police spokesman Frank Félix Félix Durán Mejía told the Caribbean that Ogando Ogando volunteered for the detachment.

According to preliminary data, when questioned, the officer stated that the incident occurred while he was conducting the operation in the area and a group allegedly approached him and at that time he was shot and escaped.

Duran Mejia said that version is being investigated.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
My Dominican friends are all in agreement in their shock and disgust. "How can you just murder a man?"

I heard that the officer was not supposed to have the gun, that only one person in the group was authorized to have the gun, but somehow it got handed off to this guy. He claims it was an accidental shot.

I of course cannot believe that police here don't carry guns. In the US they would have a comfortable air conditioner cruiser with a computer, shotgun and ar15 in the trunk, handgun with extra magazine plus a taser in their belt. Here the police get a stick and spend their free time begging for money in the form of regalito.

And apparently they don't have the common sense to know what a trigger does?

I also think the guy resisting arrest should be charged as an accomplice in the murder. Everyone knows you never resist. Go peacefully and call your lawyer when they let you.

Absolutely crazy situation. I doubt the police officer will survive. Prison justice. :(

user123

Aug 16, 2017
I also think the guy resisting arrest should be charged as an accomplice in the murder. Everyone knows you never resist. Go peacefully and call your lawyer when they let you.

Very sad situation indeed but your lack of knowledge of DR ways is funny. Go peacefully... call your lawyer... You're not in Kansas anymore.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Very sad situation indeed but I must laugh at your lack of knowledge of DR. Go peacefully... call your lawyer... You're not in Kansas anymore.

Well fighting with the police certainly doesnt help your case. This guy didnt deserve to die but he also shouldnt have been interfering with the police. One og my neighbours has been arrested several times for suspected robbery. He doesnt resist and he is home in a day or two none the worse.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Sometimes a strong message is needed. There is no Al Sharpton here to make it into a bigger deal than it is.

One less 8 million to go

user123

Aug 16, 2017
Well fighting with the police certainly doesnt help your case. This guy didnt deserve to die but he also shouldnt have been interfering with the police. One og my neighbours has been arrested several times for suspected robbery. He doesnt resist and he is home in a day or two none the worse.

That's a day or two in a smelly cell being hungry and treated like dirt, and that's if he's lucky (paid somebody a few pesos), if he's broke and they send him in front of a judge the judges here give 3 or 6 months preventivo without any evidence whatsoever. Lots of videos on YouTube where the whole neighborhood comes out to resist and eventually the cops give up and just leave.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Wow, that's an execution if ever I saw one. And the victim didn't appear to be doing anything physically threatening.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Wow, that's an execution if ever I saw one. And the victim didn't appear to be doing anything physically threatening.

Its true but these guys are a scourge. It makes driving very difficult when you are harassed at every light. The hope would be that this could drive change and improve manners.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Its true but these guys are a scourge. It makes driving very difficult when you are harassed at every light. The hope would be that this could drive change and improve manners.

I don't like the windscreen washers any more than you do, but shooting them seems a punishment that hardly fits the crime.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
of course maybe he was one of the main instigators. but still over the top

"According to the report, those individuals (the glass cleaners) cornered and stoned the municipal police, destroying the windows of the truck in which they were on board carrying out the operation, supposedly because they intended to prevent one of their comrades from being arrested." , says the press release.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

but they are a scourge?

so the remedy is to summarily execute them in the street, as that will ''improve manners''?

so what other ''scourges'' deserve a bullet between the eyes, in your way of thinking?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That's a day or two in a smelly cell being hungry and treated like dirt, and that's if he's lucky (paid somebody a few pesos), if he's broke and they send him in front of a judge the judges here give 3 or 6 months preventivo without any evidence whatsoever. Lots of videos on YouTube where the whole neighborhood comes out to resist and eventually the cops give up and just leave.

Still beats fighting with the cops, getting a severe beating and doing even longer time. Both the criminals and the cops are too macho.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
And what nobody has pointed out is that this horrific event happened in front of a young child....sickening.