Where is the best place to purchase 150cc scooter around Punta Cana

Sonima

Jul 21, 2018
Hi, I’m looking to purchase a 150cc scooter (new) and I’m wondering were is the best place to purchase if any. Try to contact Yamaha dealer but they don’t seem to be carrying the same models as they do in north america. Thanks for your help.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Since you didn't mention where you live, the generic advice will have to do -- The best place is where they are selling what you want to buy for a price you are prepared to pay.

I bought a Yamaha BWS and I've been quite happy with it. It goes faster than I generally wish to travel, mechanically sound. Regular oil changes help. Nothing but tires and brakes.

The Chinese imports are cheap enough to be considered throw away scooters. Drive them until they break then get another one. A Yamaha can be 3 times the price of a Loncin for example.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I have a loncin 175 ..I’m a big guy and it goes... 1 yr no problems ..64000 peso new.. really can’t beat it..

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I recommend getting a new scooter with some warranty. The warranty is not really like in US or Europe, but if anything major go wrong it can be fixed (they put together Chinese bikes here in DR by kids and they hardly test it). There are many bike shops around DR, just try to find the fair price before going there.

Buying used could have some issues, you need to make sure the registration and paperwork are legit and also be able to check the bike mechanically - Dominicans could be very inventive to trick you in both areas. If you know and trust the owner then that's okay. Although to be fair even foreigners could be tricky (my own experience with an Italian), so shouldn't just blame the locals... !

Forgot to say, buy something that you see people drive around here, then it will be easy to get parts and repair...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I recommend getting a new scooter with some warranty. The warranty is not really like in US or Europe, but if anything major go wrong it can be fixed (they put together Chinese bikes here in DR by kids and they hardly test it). There are many bike shops around DR, just try to find the fair price before going there.

Buying used could have some issues, you need to make sure the registration and paperwork are legit and also be able to check the bike mechanically - Dominicans could be very inventive to trick you in both areas. If you know and trust the owner then that's okay. Although to be fair even foreigners could be tricky (my own experience with an Italian), so shouldn't just blame the locals... !

Forgot to say buy something that you see people drive around here, then it will be easy to get parts and repair...

as far as the term ''used'' is concerned...i was told, many moons ago, that the Japanese scooters, such as Yamaha and Honda, are not new, but reconditioned. i am not sure if that is still the case today.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I would try a dealer.... they often have 'repo's' which come with a guarantee

The ones I saw a while back had very low miles....

Feb 7, 2007
You can try F.Castillo Motoprestamos in Veron.

Or come to Higuey and you can try Castillo Motoprestamos, F. Castillo Motoprestamos, Pedribel Motora, Claribel Motors, Motoprestamos Naranjo, Motoprestamos Mayia, among others. All huge places.