Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me why we should ditch Santo Domingo and move to Santiago?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me why we should ditch Santo Domingo and move to Santiago?

Besides that 1000 USD gets you a mediocre place in Santo Domingo and a house with garden and pool in Santiago?

Come on, give me some more reasons please!!!

Why?

The remnants of Beryl brought enough water to flood my car (it will be fixed after all) because these damn idiots from ayuntamento do not get it to do proper maintenance in our area our parking ground is getting flooded with every bit of rain. Fed up with thta we started to look for a new place and only found Santo Domingo rental prices are just ridiculous nowadays.

Anyways I like what SD has to offer but I am ready to part for the sake of living in a better, more affordable place for the sake of our kids.

So, please give me some input, what are the best and most central places to live in Santiago what have Internet Fibra Optica available? La Zurza? Villa Olga? What else? I can look that up in Maps but firsthand information from people living there is much preferred!

Thank you!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We just bought an apt at the furthest reaches of the fibra optica which is the border of Tamboril on 27th. My wife uses Claro to work in the States and I use Altice which is pretty good but not as stable as Claro. I have my wifi unit which works well when we go to Cabarete at the weekends.

3. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What about these parts:

Rincon Largo, La Rosaleda, Quintas de Pontezuela, Los Alamos, Los Girasoles, Residencial Los Samanes, any good?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    What about these parts:

Rincon Largo, La Rosaleda, Quintas de Pontezuela, Los Alamos, Los Girasoles, Residencial Los Samanes, any good?
    My wife has family in Quintas de Pontezuela.......not sure if there are rentals there.........but judging by my visits to one house.......the homes are......very very pricey.

Santo Domingo versus Santiago makes for interesting comparisons.

Santiago is not the equal to Santo Domingo..........but you could call it SD Light.

There are good hospitals, schools, social life activities........albeit on a smaller scale.

The big advantage is in traffic/commuting. While I know you work from home and traffic may not be a big issue........it is the number one reason why I would choose Santiago over Santo Domingo.

You might want to send a PM to Hillbilly, he is well versed on all aspects of the city.

Good luck....wherever you go.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

6. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Europe..?..

Best thing I ever did was going back. I realized in 8 years I had been taken things for granted I shouldn’t, especially when related to the children.

(Ofcourse the weather we’re having since April helps)

8. Likes caribmike, Fulano2, Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess at least in Santiago I would be like 150 km closer to Europe... Who knows, maybe one day we will make it there.

10. Likes Mauricio, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    We just bought an apt at the furthest reaches of the fibra optica which is the border of Tamboril on 27th. My wife uses Claro to work in the States and I use Altice which is pretty good but not as stable as Claro. I have my wifi unit which works well when we go to Cabarete at the weekends.
    Are you leaving The Aerie, BB ??

Or just moving closer to your dentist ??
    haha

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would leave Santo Domingo because it is Santo Domingo. I would never consider being there in the first place so that I would never face the issue of leaving it. But that is just me.

13. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    What about Europe..?..

Best thing I ever did was going back. I realized in 8 years I had been taken things for granted I shouldn’t, especially when related to the children.

(Ofcourse the weather we’re having since April helps)
    We are back now since january and frankly...life is to good here in northern Europe. I should go back next month for my residency, but I doubt it. We were in Tenerife last month. Better climate, an island that belongs to europe for half the price of RD.

15. Likes Mauricio liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

......From a resident of La Zurza, Santiago......Do yourself and family a favor, move here........Doc..........

17. Likes caribmike liked this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast