Living in DR

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Wife's sister moved to a new apt.

Called Claro to set up internet,

they confirmed the contract.

They were supposed to come

to bring the box and turn on service.

First day, no show, second day, no show.

Third day she got a "supervisor".

Supervisor said they will take care of it.

Three days has gone by.

Are they doing this because she is a foreigner?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If you are bothered by the Dominican lack of Punctuality , or better yet their total Lack of Comprehension of the VALUE of Other peoples TIME.

and you are planning on living in the DR..

you may just lose your mind ..

lol

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I attempted to resolve a legal family matter and contacted a highly recommended legal firm through their website. After two days of no response I called and spoke to the receptionist, who, after speaking to the lawyer experienced with my type of case, told me she'd contact me via telephone three days later at 10 a.m.; never got the call. On the fourth day I called back and spoke to the lawyer, explained my case and was told to expect an e-mail with some preliminary paperwork; never got the e-mail.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Wife's sister moved to a new apt.

Called Claro to set up internet,

they confirmed the contract.

They were supposed to come

to bring the box and turn on service.

First day, no show, second day, no show.

Third day she got a "supervisor".

Supervisor said they will take care of it.

Three days has gone by.

Are they doing this because she is a foreigner?

Do you know how we get things like this accomplished here? As long as we have the paperwork, we go directly to a Claro technician on the street and BOOM!! It's done!

Sep 4, 2012
Do you know how we get things like this accomplished here? As long as we have the paperwork, we go directly to a Claro technician on the street and BOOM!! It's done!

Experience speaking above. Beyond the contract papers, take some green as well, it'll be fixed quickly.