Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fail to Access U.S. Website

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Fail to Access U.S. Website

Looks like I've been 86'd by the Feds! I've been living in the D.R. for almost ten years and have had no problems accessing all manner of websites in the U.S.

One exception is metropcs.com --error code 16, blocked by security rules.

I have tried multiple browsers (five) with the same effect.

Now I need to access CMS for my Medicare account: mymedicare.gov and I receive the error message: Could not connect. Connection refused. I seriously doubt that the problem is on my end as I access all manner of sites in the U.S. including three banking accounts.

I rather think that my IP address is recognized as "Not U.S." and I am being denied.

If anyone has an extra minute, could you please try accessing mymedicare.gov ?? If you can access the home page, click on any link and see if you can access the site more deeply.

Anyone have this problem? Solution? I am thinking about setting up a VPN with a server in the U.S. but this would be a tall order for use on a single site.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas61 View Post
    Looks like I've been 86'd by the Feds! I've been living in the D.R. for almost ten years and have had no problems accessing all manner of websites in the U.S.

One exception is metropcs.com --error code 16, blocked by security rules.

I have tried multiple browsers (five) with the same effect. Just tried mymedicare.gov and got the same message;now I have to dig deeper and find out why.

Now I need to access CMS for my Medicare account: mymedicare.gov and I receive the error message: Could not connect. Connection refused. I seriously doubt that the problem is on my end as I access all manner of sites in the U.S. including three banking accounts.

I rather think that my IP address is recognized as "Not U.S." and I am being denied.

If anyone has an extra minute, could you please try accessing mymedicare.gov ?? If you can access the home page, click on any link and see if you can access the site more deeply.

Anyone have this problem? Solution? I am thinking about setting up a VPN with a server in the U.S. but this would be a tall order for use on a single site.
    I just tried mymedicare.gov and got the same message; now must dig deeper and find out why.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My apologies for inserting my reply inside your post; multitasking distraction.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

I can get mymedicare.gov using Claro IP´s

Where are you and which Internet provider are you using?
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mymedicare.gov log-on fail from D.R.

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    I can get mymedicare.gov using Claro IP´s

Where are you and which Internet provider are you using?
    I am using Tricom and I am in Sto. Dom., sector San Carlos. I partly misspoke. I can access mymedicare.gov (at times) but I cannot log-in to my account--error message.

If I can't find a solution a workaround will be to get on the horn with a relative in the U.S. and do this in real time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are having issues with restricted US websites, buy a VPN service and add it onto your browser. Easily if you are using Chrome. You can also try downloading Opra Browser for free. They are said to have a free VPN with their browser. You can even get Pandora in the DR by using a VPN with a US IP address. I use Nord VPN. $99.00/ 3 years of service. I also like browsing incognito.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have access to your router, try changing/setting the DSN's to Google Public DNS's, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

When I used Claro's provided DSN's in the past there were at times certain sites that I could not access to.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The sites work through VPN. It's apparently an annoying geo based block.

I can set up a free US based VPN service for DR1 members. I run several VPN servers, generally no issues. Netflix is choosy. Just hit me up. (but if you just now signed up for DR1 and have like one post, you'll need to wait awhile)

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

on related note, i cannot access any of the... hmm... monger sites, let's call it like that. i get the following message:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

same results when i use local provider, VPN and mobile phone.

North Coast Moderator

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    on related note, i cannot access any of the... hmm... monger sites, let's call it like that. i get the following message:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

same results when i use local provider, VPN and mobile phone.
    not sure what a monger site is? i'll have to look that one up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast