Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With the Breeze Comes Quinientos Pesos

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Default With the Breeze Comes Quinientos Pesos

This evening I had to leave the house to pick up my wife coming home from downtown.

As I walked down the driveway to open the driveway gate, I saw a folded $500 peso bill on the ground. I naturally figured I dropped it when I came home about 5 hours earlier and closed the gate. Thinking about it, I could not come up with how i could possibly have dropped it.

So, I searched and played back the security video which showed the folded $500 peso bill in the driveway being blown around in the breeze. (Camera is about 50 feet away) Going backwards and then one frame at a time forward, I saw that it blew in under the driveway gate from outside.

I then switched to another security camera showing the outside of the gate and saw the folded $500 peso bill blow under the driveway gate. Going backwards again and then one frame at a time I saw a neighbor walking pass the gate with his left hand in his pocket and walking with his cane in his right hand. That was about an hour earlier from the time I found the money. As he proceeded walking past the gate, he removed his left hand from his pocket and the folded $500 peso bill could be seen on the security camera falling out of his pocket. (The camera is about 40 feet away)

He lives down the hill from us and they are very poor.
    I drove down to his house and asked him if he lost anything earlier.

He hesitated to answer, so I asked again and again.
    He finally said one word, Quinientos.

The family was very happy to get the money back. As I left, they were telling their neighbors how my cameras helped them get their Quinientos back. It felt really nice seeing how happy they were.

Good security cameras come in handy for a variety of things, not just recording ladrones!

Don
    Clown Central

Be Serious

2. Likes Polar Bear, 2dlight, caribmike, Matilda, Irie and 21 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

are you sure this is not the money that is sent monthly from god to our gringo bank accounts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    are you sure this is not the money that is sent monthly from god to our gringo bank accounts?
    Not unless he walks with a cane.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    This evening I had to leave the house to pick up my wife coming home from downtown.

As I walked down the driveway to open the driveway gate, I saw a folded $500 peso bill on the ground. I naturally figured I dropped it when I came home about 5 hours earlier and closed the gate. Thinking about it, I could not come up with how i could possibly have dropped it.

So, I searched and played back the security video which showed the folded $500 peso bill in the driveway being blown around in the breeze. (Camera is about 50 feet away) Going backwards and then one frame at a time forward, I saw that it blew in under the driveway gate from outside.

I then switched to another security camera showing the outside of the gate and saw the folded $500 peso bill blow under the driveway gate. Going backwards again and then one frame at a time I saw a neighbor walking pass the gate with his left hand in his pocket and walking with his cane in his right hand. That was about an hour earlier from the time I found the money. As he proceeded walking past the gate, he removed his left hand from his pocket and the folded $500 peso bill could be seen on the security camera falling out of his pocket. (The camera is about 40 feet away)

He lives down the hill from us and they are very poor.
    I drove down to his house and asked him if he lost anything earlier.

He hesitated to answer, so I asked again and again.
    He finally said one word, Quinientos.

The family was very happy to get the money back. As I left, they were telling their neighbors how my cameras helped them get their Quinientos back. It felt really nice seeing how happy they were.

Good security cameras come in handy for a variety of things, not just recording ladrones!

Don
    hopefully, the force will repay you for this, many times over. these are the acts that put a smile on my heart..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to have a feel good post every once in a while

7. Likes SantiagoDR, Caonabo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cropped video of the errant Quinientos escaping his pocket.

"I'll take Breezes for 500 Alex"
    Last edited by SantiagoDR; 07-26-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    Clown Central

Be Serious

9. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoRamon View Post
    It's nice to have a feel good post every once in a while
    It certainly is! Thanks for sharing the story Don!

11. Likes SantiagoDR liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I love a story with a happy ending...

13. Likes SantiagoDR liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a great feeling when you lose something and it turns up unexpectedly. I think you have a friend for life Thanks for sharing this!

15. Likes SantiagoDR liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The world needs more people like you. This story put a smile on my face this afternoon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast