551 Foreigners Detained

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
They arrest them all to start with - 551 then they check the papers and biometrics. Those here legally are let go. Rest get booted out so 194 have to leave and the rest can stay.

Matilda

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
wow.....did you say 193 haitians?.............thats about 2 hours worth.....that cross the border ever day......

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
2 Questions:

1. Did they pay their overstay fee when deported?

2. Will they be allowed re-entry?

(Sorry I couldn't help it).

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
They arrest them all to start with - 551 then they check the papers and biometrics. Those here legally are let go. Rest get booted out so 194 have to leave and the rest can stay.

Matilda

Hopefully this doesn't mean they just arrest anyone in their path that doesn't look Dominican an then later they check to see if their legal. This would be a tourism killer!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hopefully this doesn't mean they just arrest anyone in their path that doesn't look Dominican an then later they check to see if their legal. This would be a tourism killer!

Don't worry about that. They know who they want to get out of here.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
551 not a big deal, they would be able to catch 2000 on a Sunday afternoon in soccer game just in Santiago.

JJ

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Matilda

That's right. A Dominican friend of mine who looks Haitian was arrested and taken to the police station. They didn't accept that her cedula was real, or was really hers, but she was released when her fingerprints matched up. So racism is alive and well here!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
It's time they come to the Bavaro-Punta Cana area and check all WHITE foreigners here and deport them when they don't have their papers in order!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It's time they come to the Bavaro-Punta Cana area and check all WHITE foreigners here and deport them when they don't have their papers in order!

Hahahaha There are actually some people on this board that have warned us to always carry our papers.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hahahaha There are actually some people on this board that have warned us to always carry our papers.

Same over here in the US, if I travel out of my home state I take with me a bio-metric document...

Just in case, you never know who looks like you.

JJ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Same over here in the US, if I travel out of my home state I take with me a bio-metric document...

Just in case, you never know who looks like you.

JJ

or has your name...

remember Edward M Kennedy ?
there was an Edward M Kennedy on the 'No Fly' list

he was constantly flagged....
perhaps even after just being on the Evening News

True ....

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
That's right. A Dominican friend of mine who looks Haitian was arrested and taken to the police station. They didn't accept that her cedula was real, or was really hers, but she was released when her fingerprints matched up. So racism is alive and well here!
Is Haitian a new race?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Do you know how many Haitians has been captured with fake Dominican cedula? They also said im Dominican, one of them sued Dominican Republic and went to Human Rights court but he loose the case because acording his papers the sibilins didnt recognized him as their brother. Rasims is everywhere including Dominican Republic but not like a lot people are trying to make us looks like.

Feb 7, 2007
In my home country in Europe there is also no obligation to carry ID if you can identify yourself to police by personal data, such as date of birth, permanent address, personal birth number (something like cédula number here) , and names of parents. They can run the check electronically on the spot.