Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky's Aqua End of the Line

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocky's Aqua End of the Line

When you make a deal and try to screw someone like Big Frank it does not end well. Shut down today by Police and everything removed.

2. Likes badpiece33 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they'll be some court battles coming down the road. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the middle of it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy screwed Big Frank out of $200,000 US. PERIOD................... Now he is paying..................

5. Likes badpiece33 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of speculation on what happened today. My take is when Frank didn't get fully paid he placed a lien on Rocky's which was triggered by a rental agreement signed on Tuesday of this week. The deal with Rocky and a guy named Jason was he would rent the restaurant from Rocky and pay rent. Rocky would still own the property; just a normal sub lease.

What we know is Frank admits that today's action was his doing and I can't blame him for trying to get his money. What's sad is the workers at Rocky's are out of a job. They are very nice people who have worked for years at Jose O'Shay and now Rocky's.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Lots of speculation on what happened today. My take is when Frank didn't get fully paid he placed a lien on Rocky's which was triggered by a rental agreement signed on Tuesday of this week. The deal with Rocky and a guy named Jason was he would rent the restaurant from Rocky and pay rent. Rocky would still own the property; just a normal sub lease.

What we know is Frank admits that today's action was his doing and I can't blame him for trying to get his money. What's sad is the workers at Rocky's are out of a job. They are very nice people who have worked for years at Jose O'Shay and now Rocky's.
    That is the truly sad part of this. I know many of the employees there and they are truly hardworking and very nice. I wish them the best.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post

I would be surprised if the property was sold without a lien on all assets, real or otherwise.

If you don't pay the note, you get foreclosed, which looks like eviction.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

9. Likes SKY liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I would be surprised if the peoperty was sold without a lien on all assets, real or otherwise.

If you don't pay the note you foreclose, which looks like eviction.
    Exactly right.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    This guy screwed Big Frank out of $200,000 US. PERIOD................... Now he is paying..................
    I suspect Big Frank still has the assets, so he's not really screwed out of $200,000, unless the real property was not included in the deal.

I sold my restaurant/bar to a doctor in FL who stopped paying within a year. I had to burn through money for lawyers to get a judgement for the balance owed, $125,000. He filed BK and all his asstes were in his expansive home...which is untouchable under FL bankruptcy laws. I suspect its easier and cheaper to go through the same process in the DR.
    Cabin Attendant,

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This bar was/is a landmark in Cabarete, one of the first on the strip from what I recall. Sadly you could see by the lack of customers especially since the new changeover, that a problem was looming. This said, I would guess not many of those bars are making much if anything due to a short tourist season and stiff competition.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    This bar was/is a landmark in Cabarete, one of the first on the strip from what I recall. Sadly you could see by the lack of customers especially since the new changeover, that a problem was looming. This said, I would guess not many of those bars are making much if anything due to a short tourist season and stiff competition.
    How did Jose's survive so long?
    Cabin Attendant,

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast