Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Altice stealing my money

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Altice stealing my money

We have solved the problem of Altice stealing my money. Even with not using the phone for a month (out of the country) they still managed to drain my 200 RD that was on the phone. So after arguing with them for the last couple of weeks I have fixed the problem....Changed my phone number and account to Claro. Took two days to get it done as Altice did not want to release my account (I had been with them both contract and pay as you go for over 13 years) but finally this morning they did.

I know Claro may not be much better but at least on my other Claro account the money drains more slowly.
    You go to love this place.

Bob K

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    We have solved the problem of Altice stealing my money. Even with not using the phone for a month (out of the country) they still managed to drain my 200 RD that was on the phone. So after arguing with them for the last couple of weeks I have fixed the problem....Changed my phone number and account to Claro. Took two days to get it done as Altice did not want to release my account (I had been with them both contract and pay as you go for over 13 years) but finally this morning they did.

I know Claro may not be much better but at least on my other Claro account the money drains more slowly.

Bob K
    Telecom laws changed, now if you are using prepaid service every time you add credit that amount must be good for 90 days if you do not add credit to extend the expiration period of active service.

If that happend and you add new credit to your number before 90 days they must bring back your money and add it to your balance.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post

Bob K
    They are all the same; always trying to rob you...at least that is my experience the last 18years with Tricom, Centennial (yeah, that long ago), Claro, Orange, Tricom (again...they are the winners), Viva, Verizon, Codetel and Tricom again.....

4. Likes USA DOC liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    They are all the same; always trying to rob you...at least that is my experience the last 18years with Tricom, Centennial (yeah, that long ago), Claro, Orange, Tricom (again...they are the winners), Viva, Verizon, Codetel and Tricom again.....
    With Claro if you have credit in your phone and the data option is on and you do not have active an internet package they will suck will money too. so be carefull with that Bob k.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    With Claro if you have credit in your phone and the data option is on and you do not have active an internet package they will suck will money too. so be carefull with that Bob k.
    Yes, and a double yes ........ be careful. Claro sucked me dry before I realized what was going on.

Wasn't sure what happened but Riva you just confirmed what i thought.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have data turned on and no data plan or prepaid paquetico, your 200 pesos will be gone before your first whatsapp actualization is complete... that is with ALL THREE providers.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL I just checked my prepaid Altice via an APP, I had 30 pesos there, not used, and it's gone :-)

I have also prepaid Claro, and the money is still there as "usable credit" once another recharge is done.

I have several numbers I hold "for storage" among Claro, Altice and Viva, and to regularly test their services, but my main number is at Claro Smart, which to me is the best bang for the buck ATM (21 GB data, 1000 minutes, free Claro calls (not touching 1000 minutes), 1000 SMS, free roaming for voice & data in 28 countries...for 3150 pesos with all taxes included.)

So yes indeed it seems if you do not use your credit in Altice it's gone with the wind... what I know in Claro, even if you do not use that credit for months (the line gets semi-suspended), once you recharge that credit is made available again, and of course it always shows in Claro app as available credit. Shame on you, Altice!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I both changed to Claro after altice took over. Claro is soooo much better!! Altice gave me headache after headache!!

10. Likes Squat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Claro prepaid 3 yrs same number no issues or problems ..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    The wife and I both changed to Claro after altice took over. Claro is soooo much better!! Altice gave me headache after headache!!
    Same here. We were exclusively Orange customers for years (internet, phones), now all with Claro apart from back-up things which are prepaid (internet). For internet, I asked one Altice guy where can I check how much data I have consumed, and they had absolutely no idea, asked to call back in a few days (the website was useless at the time). With Claro, I just login to my account and see all the details.

What I've seen, is that Claro has always been better in terms of coverage/speed, but their price tag has unfortunately been high, now it has come down quite a bit...

13. Likes Squat, Harleysrock liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast