Altice stealing my money

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have solved the problem of Altice stealing my money. Even with not using the phone for a month (out of the country) they still managed to drain my 200 RD that was on the phone. So after arguing with them for the last couple of weeks I have fixed the problem....Changed my phone number and account to Claro. Took two days to get it done as Altice did not want to release my account (I had been with them both contract and pay as you go for over 13 years) but finally this morning they did.

I know Claro may not be much better but at least on my other Claro account the money drains more slowly.
You go to love this place.

Bob K

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
We have solved the problem of Altice stealing my money. Even with not using the phone for a month (out of the country) they still managed to drain my 200 RD that was on the phone. So after arguing with them for the last couple of weeks I have fixed the problem....Changed my phone number and account to Claro. Took two days to get it done as Altice did not want to release my account (I had been with them both contract and pay as you go for over 13 years) but finally this morning they did.

I know Claro may not be much better but at least on my other Claro account the money drains more slowly.

Bob K

Telecom laws changed, now if you are using prepaid service every time you add credit that amount must be good for 90 days if you do not add credit to extend the expiration period of active service.

If that happend and you add new credit to your number before 90 days they must bring back your money and add it to your balance.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic

Bob K

They are all the same; always trying to rob you...at least that is my experience the last 18years with Tricom, Centennial (yeah, that long ago), Claro, Orange, Tricom (again...they are the winners), Viva, Verizon, Codetel and Tricom again.....

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
They are all the same; always trying to rob you...at least that is my experience the last 18years with Tricom, Centennial (yeah, that long ago), Claro, Orange, Tricom (again...they are the winners), Viva, Verizon, Codetel and Tricom again.....

With Claro if you have credit in your phone and the data option is on and you do not have active an internet package they will suck will money too. so be carefull with that Bob k.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
With Claro if you have credit in your phone and the data option is on and you do not have active an internet package they will suck will money too. so be carefull with that Bob k.

Yes, and a double yes ........ be careful. Claro sucked me dry before I realized what was going on.

Wasn't sure what happened but Riva you just confirmed what i thought.

Feb 7, 2007
if you have data turned on and no data plan or prepaid paquetico, your 200 pesos will be gone before your first whatsapp actualization is complete... that is with ALL THREE providers.

Feb 7, 2007
LOL I just checked my prepaid Altice via an APP, I had 30 pesos there, not used, and it's gone :)

I have also prepaid Claro, and the money is still there as "usable credit" once another recharge is done.

I have several numbers I hold "for storage" among Claro, Altice and Viva, and to regularly test their services, but my main number is at Claro Smart, which to me is the best bang for the buck ATM (21 GB data, 1000 minutes, free Claro calls (not touching 1000 minutes), 1000 SMS, free roaming for voice & data in 28 countries...for 3150 pesos with all taxes included.)

So yes indeed it seems if you do not use your credit in Altice it's gone with the wind... what I know in Claro, even if you do not use that credit for months (the line gets semi-suspended), once you recharge that credit is made available again, and of course it always shows in Claro app as available credit. Shame on you, Altice!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
The wife and I both changed to Claro after altice took over. Claro is soooo much better!! Altice gave me headache after headache!!

Same here. We were exclusively Orange customers for years (internet, phones), now all with Claro apart from back-up things which are prepaid (internet). For internet, I asked one Altice guy where can I check how much data I have consumed, and they had absolutely no idea, asked to call back in a few days (the website was useless at the time). With Claro, I just login to my account and see all the details.

What I've seen, is that Claro has always been better in terms of coverage/speed, but their price tag has unfortunately been high, now it has come down quite a bit...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just download the Mi Claro app and you will get all your info.

You suggested that in another thread well over a year ago. I downloaded the app and life is so much easier.

Buy data packages, add funds, check balances all at a touch of the finger...……………….

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Im happy with VIVA, they dont have the bigest coverage but for my needs im very fine with their prepaid service, 580.00 pesos for 28 days, no problem with my credit or data sucking credit when Is on and not packages purchased, 7.80 per minute tax included to all numbers and unlimited calls within network together with unlimited internet in data packages.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Altice are the guys that placed a donkey sign in some north coast town and the locals felt so offended they took down the sign or something like that?

The guys that placed a sign that welcomed people to X town with the image of a beach even though the town is the middle of a mountain range?

That should had been a sign to everyone that they don't know what they are doing. lol

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Bob K

Was it really worth it for $4?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I have had my number with Claro for 14 years no problem. We originally also opened an Orange account for my wife at that time. Those of you remember at that time neither company had adequate coverage so having one of each expanded our coverage area. This is not the case any more so made sense at this point to dump Orange/Altice
Bob K

Feb 7, 2007
And Altice it's not making it easy for them with their unlimited internet plans which became so much more expensive compared to Claro. Who needs unlimited UHD internet (capped at 10 mbps) when one has fiber in home and in the office, Claro with triple internet suffices more than enough for in-between moments between wifi coverage or when traveling.

I tell you what... The next big one will be unlimited calling anywhere in the DR, whoever comes first with that one will become a market leader for quite some time. Unlimited calling within country to all networks is already reality in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Perú, México etc.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro does have unlimited calling in the DR. But it is only to other Claro numbers, both cell and landline. But this is only on Post paid cell accounts.