What's up

jch58

May 3, 2002
Is no one on this board familiar with the eastern coast area of the DR?! I'd like to talk to someone if they do.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dude, the Eastern Coast is Bavaro or Punta Cana

Just go to the archives and key word in bavaro or Punta Cana. TONS of stuff there.
Or ask a specific question and you will get an answer...

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

jch58

May 3, 2002
Hillbilly

Hillbilly I like your style. Hey can you answer me these questions?

I'm looking for the cheapest car rental possible. I'll be in the La Caleta, Boca Chica, San Pedro, La Romana, etc. The cheapest I've found is $25/day. Is there anything better (I'm poor...I'm expecting the economy size).

Also where's the cheapest hotel I can stay? The cheapest in Boca Chica is like $30/night. I'm willing to stay in whatever...no hot water no a/c etc. Please let me know if you know of anything.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
thanks Dude! The answers to

Your questions are in the www.bocachica.com site.

Jim Hinsch has a pretty cool site with everything you want to know about that area...I am sure that there is a link on these pages, too.

good luck,

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: Hillbilly

jch58 said:
Hillbilly I like your style. Hey can you answer me these questions?

I'm looking for the cheapest car rental possible. I'll be in the La Caleta, Boca Chica, San Pedro, La Romana, etc. The cheapest I've found is $25/day. Is there anything better (I'm poor...I'm expecting the economy size).

Also where's the cheapest hotel I can stay? The cheapest in Boca Chica is like $30/night. I'm willing to stay in whatever...no hot water no a/c etc. Please let me know if you know of anything.

Thanks.

There are a few CHEAP (very much so) in Boca - one down from the Costalunga across the main road on the same side as the Hamaca - the name escapes me but it is $12-15 US a night with no hot water or a/c but running water. Clean-ish not great but I think safe enough.

Also on the main N/S road where the Label/Illusion hotel is are a few with signs for $12 or so US a night.

I think from observation and not experience a few "working gals" may be there from the capital staying over weekends for clients soliciting purposes. Maybe good, maybe bad?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
OOps same side as the Costalunga, not hamaca sorry

I posted.......on the same side as the Hamaca

Actually same side as the Costalunga, same road, go west, cross the main drag it is right there.