Internet Access and Costs

NoMoreSnow

Apr 10, 2002
To those of you who have laid down roots in the DR ...

Can you tell me how are you accessing the Inet? .. How much does it cost? and How reliable is the service?

Just my chance ... is there any cable direct access service?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Sosua. Our options at present are dialup and dsl, which I have. Service is reliable; my ISP is Codetel.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there are special plans for DSL

I am paying a little over $2100 a month to Codetel/Jodetel for a DSL line.
They have special plans for residential services that are a little less wirth free installation free moden, bla bla bla, depending onthe time of the year...it is something you have to go there and find out about..

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I use Codetel with their "VIP" connection - RD $950 per month (incl. taxes) for unlimited use. This service is NOT as good as their "Flash" contract, but it is reasonably fair. Seem to get off too often & I will hope to get a more reliable, faster service when I get the new computer - possibly next year!!! - Grahame.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hmmmmm......

Juan dolio has dial up and DSL. I have dial up thru' my VIP service....
RD$950. per mnth. MY new HP5445 with the 56K modem connects all the time (almost) at 115.2kps.....even fooled Rob into thinking I had DSL....:D

NoMoreSnow

Apr 10, 2002
MommC glad you showed up I have another question that I need your help with.... am posting it separately under DR Education Assessment ... thanks ... by the way how is it at Wasaga Beach ..