What do people do for high speed internet in Punta Cana and Cap Cana

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
It doesn't appear that Claro offers their fiber optic internet in either of these locations

So is there another service that offers this level of service or is it all dsl or satellite based?

Thanks.

Feb 7, 2007
Exact location? I may have an option for you for a dedicated symmetrical fiber internet, if you are willing to pay for it.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
At home in Ciudad La Palma I have Claro fiber optic and at work Tricom.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
It doesn't appear that Claro offers their fiber optic internet in either of these locations

So is there another service that offers this level of service or is it all dsl or satellite based?

Thanks.

If you live in El Cortecito at one of the condo complex's you probably can have Claro and Silver Cable. We use silver cable. It's 2MB down 1MB up for 890 peso a month. Claro has faster I believe but it is not cheaper.

www.silvercablenet.com

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Depends where you are in PC and Bavaro. Cocotal has fiber optic, I know they have it in Corrales, and many more spots. You need to check with Claro on this. If they have it you will be real happy.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
Depends where you are in PC and Bavaro. Cocotal has fiber optic, I know they have it in Corrales, and many more spots. You need to check with Claro on this. If they have it you will be real happy.

Does any one have any speeds and prices from Claro to share?

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I would love to give you an answer but my bill reflects not only internet, but TV, and cell phones. And I would need a Masters degree to give you an answer to a bill that is a ton of pages and tax, etc. But I will say that my total is a lot less than a US bill for the same. And the Fiber Optic here is a lot better than Comcast and A T and T in the US.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

San Cristobal is on that list as 1st and 2nd stages, but it's been that way for months. Every time I ask I get the same canned message that they are commited to provide excellent service, blah, blah.

I based my decision to move to San Cris based on what I was told by Claro reps before I moved. They fed me a bill of goods, that's for sure.

I pay for 5 mbps, and get 2 on a good day.

But I have no doubt about fiber optic in my future. There is a new fiber optic junction box on the pole in front of my house.