Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue over a television

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Issue over a television

I definitely need help. Last month I purchased a television on credit through my employee’s credit. Three days after it was installed it burnt up. Returned it to the company and they sent it to Santa Domingo where they determined it was a power surge and in the contract with the company it says it will not cover anything if it’s a power surge.

I was late making the payment the other day and they came to my apartment with the police and confiscated my employee’s scooter. I had to pay to get the scooter and make the payment on a dead TV.
    I Have Been Told That They Can Come Back With The Police And Take Everything In My Apartment If I Don’t Make This Payment Again. Is This True?

I live on a pension and don’t have money for a huge lawyer bill. Any help is appreciated.
    Really need help.

Thank you,
    White Light

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s not fair in your eyes, but I’d say they expect you to pay for the tv. Not their fault there was a power surge.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

3. Likes bigbird, sylindr liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by white light View Post
    I definitely need help. Last month I purchased a television on credit through my employee’s credit. Three days after it was installed it burnt up. Returned it to the company and they sent it to Santa Domingo where they determined it was a power surge and in the contract with the company it says it will not cover anything if it’s a power surge.

I was late making the payment the other day and they came to my apartment with the police and confiscated my employee’s scooter. I had to pay to get the scooter and make the payment on a dead TV.
    I Have Been Told That They Can Come Back With The Police And Take Everything In My Apartment If I Don’t Make This Payment Again. Is This True?

I live on a pension and don’t have money for a huge lawyer bill. Any help is appreciated.
    Really need help.

Thank you,
    White Light
    you will lose anyway pay for the TV!

5. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon, No I am pretty sure that they cannot come with just the Police and take anything. The company would need a Judicial Order and be accompanied by a Bailiff. I cannot be sure since it is a long time since I have dealt with this kind of thing. I would call Guzman Ariza for a free consultation or maybe he will answer here.

7. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And I would make sure that you get your TV back. I am sure that someone can fix it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    It’s not fair in your eyes, but I’d say they expect you to pay for the tv. Not their fault there was a power surge.
    whitelight it is NOT the fault of the TV manufacturer you failed to use a surge protector and your TV blew up. No way can they be held accountable for that. Make the payments and try a different TV repair shop to see if it can be fixed. Other wise, pay the bill, buy a surge protector, shop for a replacement TV...……….

10. Likes caribmike, KateP, pelaut, cbmitch9 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I will try to get it back

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I did have A surge proctector and voltage regulator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I will try to get it back
    Why didn't they return it to you?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I did have A surge proctector and voltage regulator
    You didn't mention that in your original post thus the reason I made the comment I did. Well what did the repair place say when you informed them you had protection, assuming both are working correctly. Surge protectors do not last a lifetime and cheap ones are about the same as not having one at all.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast