La Vega Car Dealer Recommendations

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I am looking to buy a vehicle in DR and it was recommended that I go to Moca or La Vega. Since I will be in Jarabacoa next week I would like to visit La Vega and check out some vehicles. Does anyone here have any dealers that they recommend in La Vega?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Auto Mayella has a good reputation, so does Pancho Motors but you still have to do due dillegence...ie car fax...etc. If you are looking for a Hyundai or Toyota I recommend Vega Movil.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Yes I reached out to Gorgon. I think right now one of the challenges I am having is the insane prices of vehicles in general in DR. The makes are really different two. I think I am going to browse some dealers to see what I like and afford and then get Gorgon to find me something :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I recommend Vegamovil by far, the rest are for the most part a bunch of crooks.

i am not going to get into a back and forth about this matter, because most people are not in a position to make such determinations. i have dealt with numerous dealers out there whom i have found to be scrupulously honest. Vegamovil is no more reputable than many i have met.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
My bad, I think you're right and I am in no position of stating what I said since I am not in the car business. However, that's what I was told by most people when I was looking for a new car last year.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Auto Mayella has a good reputation, so does Pancho Motors but you still have to do due dillegence...ie car fax...etc. If you are looking for a Hyundai or Toyota I recommend Vega Movil.

Auto Mayeya have been in business for ever, two locations one Autopista Dte. next to entrada de Jarabacoa and another one autopista Duarte business La vega City.

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Auto Mayeya have been in business for ever, two locations one Autopista Dte. next to entrada de Jarabacoa and another one autopista Duarte business La vega City.

JJ

when you walk into a car dealer, their reputation is only as good as your knowledge. when God made man, he did not create special people to work in special places. the guys in places like Mayella are no more honest than the ones from Auto Rubio. same guys. some just have a better way of sizing you up. so, if Mayella thinks you know your stuff, they will put away the tool box of tricks till a rube comes in. the other guys think they can still bamboozle you.

the point is that if you walk into ANY dealership that sells used cars, forget the reputation, and the hype. if they discover that you are a novice, all bets are off. forget their name, and how long they have been in the square behind the cathedral.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

JJ

what i was hinting at, bachata, is that if i walk into a disreputable dealer with my hand held onboard diagnostic computer, my electrical system tester, and my stethoscope, they are going to regard me differently than a young woman who walks in with a Michael Kors purse. reputation be damned.