Shipping Diesel Fuel Additive ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have looked for "Hot Shots " Diesel Extreme additive around the North Coast and have not seen it.
It ships from Amazon - it is a fuel cleaner and Cethane booster

If this product is available in DR please someone shout out where.

Can this 32 ounce bottle be leagally shipped via CPS or Aeropaq ?
Has anyone shipped something like this ?

I would ask the shippers direct but on other questions I've asked I always got the Alfred E. Newman stare.

imgres

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Some items cannot be shipped in traditional ways, like EPS. Teak oil is one. EPS refused to ship it normally, and wanted to charge an additional $100 to ship it in a HazMat ship container.

It depends on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) as to how something can be shipped.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No way this will be shipped normally. At the best case you will pay extra like the poster said. I ordered Perfume once and it had to be shipped differently with EPS. This only cost $10 though. I would avoid doing this.

Just to add, it was also a big hassle with forms.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you ship by sea, you can send almost anything you want in quantity with some extra paperwork. By air, flammables, explosives, corrosives and oxidizers are either prohibited outright or are permissible in small quantities with extra paperwork.

The courier companies coming here generally exclude anything they don't immediately recognize. It's up to you to research the iata regulations and file the appropriate paperwork. Even then, it took considerable time and effort to get EPS to change their initial determination - they don't want the hassles upon arrival in the DR.

I don't try to import dangerous goods anymore, it's not worth the extra fees and all the delays. These days I spend my time demonstrating how what I have bought is not classified a dangerous good and can fly without paperwork but alas all these companies are Dominican and decisions are made here not in Miami; Getting an MSDS sheet translated, apostiled, notarized and signed by the Pope is no guarantee anyone will read it let alone understand it as it relates to the shipping regulations.

In the past, printouts from the FedEx website dangerous goods shipping helper has proven effective as they all think they are just like FedEx.

So can it fly, depends on the ingredients, and how much you are shipping. Often special packaging is required for "dangerous" liquids. If Amazon ships the item by ground service, chances are it won't get on a plane in Miami. Even if Amazon sends it by air to Miami, no guarantee the courier will automatically do the same. EPS was really bad for that in the past and one of the reasons I don't use that service anymore.

I think your fuel additive will send the courier clerks towards a mental shutdown and your stress factor will quadruple at least.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I have looked for "Hot Shots " Diesel Extreme additive around the North Coast and have not seen it.

I would ask the shippers direct but on other questions I've asked I always got the Alfred E. Newman stare.

imgres
Is gas de lampara a decent substitute for you?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That was the suggestion recently -- here..

Kerosene ... 1L / tank every month or two

It was said the gua-guas do that

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I have bought 2 different diesel additives via Amazon and shipped with no problems. Don't remember what they are and since I'm off Island now can not tell you what brands or if shipped air or by ship.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Some items cannot be shipped in traditional ways, like EPS. Teak oil is one. EPS refused to ship it normally, and wanted to charge an additional $100 to ship it in a HazMat ship container.

It depends on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) as to how something can be shipped.

This maybe off topic to the OP but have you tried other finishes? Tung oil is much better for outdoor use or where wood is subject to moisture. Not sure if it is available in RD or if you would have the same issues trying to bring it in.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It is the spontaneous combustion properties of some finishing oils that puts them into the dangerous goods category.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That was the suggestion recently -- here..

Kerosene ... 1L / tank every month or two

It was said the gua-guas do that
I can buy Bardahl and Gunk fuel treatment but I was looking for Hot Shot brand as it's supposed to really work

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I was told by CPS it would be OK to ship by boat but hey too slow and expensive.
I will find something local

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I was told by CPS it would be OK to ship by boat but hey too slow and expensive.
I will find something local

Smart move. Most gas stations sell at least one brand of additives.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004

imgres
Lucas diesel and fuel additive may have a better chance at shipping and works well with prolonged use, as for Hot Shot ,I'd rather use SeaFoam ,they use it a lot in marine applications I n both has and diesel, maybe they already have it there for boats.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Lucas diesel and fuel additive may have a better chance at shipping and works well with prolonged use, as for Hot Shot ,I'd rather use SeaFoam ,they use it a lot in marine applications I n both has and diesel, maybe they already have it there for boats.
Maybe a good idea to check the Marinas yes

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic

imgres

I normally use EPS for everything but for the things EPS doesn't ship I use JetPack.
To name some things I shipped without any problems or paying extra: perfume, Armor All, Hydrographics Activator (=thinner!!!), batteries, brake-oil etc. etc.

May 5, 2007
As one poster suggested, use a bit of Diesel I truly don't know the mix ratio but do know that a couple of Chiefs in knew in the US Navy would add a "touch" of Diesel, JP 5, AVCAT or whatever available to clean dirty gasoline engines (shore side only) I think any aviation fuel would help clean up your engine, many additives to solve the problem you are likely having

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I bought the Bardahl... as mentioned earlier.

Put 1/2 can in the planta
My mechanic put 1 whole can in my Isuzu with 1,000km to go for my oil change.

At the oil change - we used the other 1/2 of the planta can...

here's some research
actually, the Ford product sounds good too.