hillbilly...

jo2na

Feb 24, 2002
hello again, sorry to be soo annoying.. but i have another question. I want to work in tourism, and yes i know spanish, i am dominican, and i was looking at the university called something, urena....and it offers the career i want to take. but i have'nt took the classes necessary in high school, like a foriegn language, 3 years of math, and some other things that i know to get into universities here, you need those things. but i wonder if you do over there, and if you need it for tourism. somehow, i cant register online, i was wondering if there is any other way to register than to just go personally. thanks for your help.. o and by the way, im taking your opionion into consideration, but i was wondering what you thought about this university, and how the pricing is, because i heard it was very expensive. and also if i can possibly get a good job over there after finishing the course...thanks hillbilly

oo..and about the top models. i thought it over, and i thought, why go into an agency, if i can maybe get into a university that offers me more. and i can probably do that on my spare time away from school. right??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jo2na: Not a bad idea..

I think you are referring to the UNPHU (Universidad Nacional Pedro Henr?quez Ure?a)...

I believe that all you need is:

1)Certificate of graduation from High School
2)A record of your grades
3)A birth certificate
4)A Certificate of Good Conduct
5)2 Photos 2 x 2

Each Univeristy is a little different, but these are pretty standard.
As for being expensive, I doubt it. Maybe expensive for a local Dominican family, but not if you have income from the US...

The PUCMM, perhaps the finest private university in the country, only costs Dominicans and Haitians $RD350 a credit plus some other fees, like registration and Inscription. For foreign students that are studying here the fees are in dollars. Imagine that! You can go to Med School for seven or eight thousand dollars a semester! In the states the costs is nearly double!.

Exactly what career are you planning to study? And BTW, I wouldn't worry about not having studied a foreigh language in H.S.

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

P>S. The phone number for the Registrar's Office at UNPHU is: 809 540 3804 Main switchboard is 562 6601