How About Some Real News ??

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I heard about this last week....

and now again today

Many will be pleased with this !!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intrant bans led lights accessories

The National Transit and Transport Institute (Intrant) announced a fine of one minimum wage would be imposed if motorists use of high intensity Led lights in vehicles. Intrant says the high intensity has caused several accidents. As of Saturday, 4 August 2018, those who have installed the LED lights have 15 calendar days to remove them. Digesett agents are entrusted with implementing the order.

https://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...culos-de-motor

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Another (Follow the Leader) fad is now they have the brake lights on a rapid flasher.

The lights are not as bright because they flash so rapidly, hard to see in the daytime.
Everyday there appears to be more "Look at me", I have the latest fad drivers.

Once one driver gets something, every other driver needs one also.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, there appear to be a scheme here in Santiago of bending the license plate up about 45 degrees.

Which makes it hard to read the plate as they leave the scene.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Another (Follow the Leader) fad is now they have the brake lights on a rapid flasher.

The lights are not as bright because they flash so rapidly, hard to see in the daytime.
Everyday there appears to be more "Look at me", I have the latest fad drivers.

Once one driver gets something, every other driver needs one also.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, there appear to be a scheme here in Santiago of bending the license plate up about 45 degrees.

Which makes it hard to read the plate as they leave the scene.

hey at least they have lights! hard to see or not at least they are there. That's an improvement over no lights.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
My personal favorite here is putting limo tint on your windshield.
How stupid can one really be. The typical night for these clowns is get stinking drunk, pile all your buddies into the car, turn on the blinding headlights and light bar, and do twice the speed limit.
How could anything go wrong.
The only thing that bothers me is when they hit innocent people. If these morons want to drive into bridge pillars, trees, rocks each other go for it. Your thinning the herd.
If only we could find a venue for them where they can only hurt themselves. Then it would be a perfect place.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
hey at least they have lights! hard to see or not at least they are there. That's an improvement over no lights.

Well true but those with the stadium lights aren't the ones without any lights - it's poor ol' Phlem Snoples who has plantains and rice for 3 meals a day with maybe one alita on the weekend and a mamajuana for Easter. He can not afford stadium lights nor even a bulb for any of his car's lights.

BTW bulbs are the one thing in DR that are really cheap. 25 pesos for a rear two filament bulb.

The autoadorno shops will be up in arms if the LEDs are eliminated.
How about 'Mr I Am Important' with the red and blue imitation cop lights doing 85 mph on HWY 5 in his new Yukon, Range Rover or 4 Runner and passes everyone, never caring if there is room or not.