"El Paraiso" restaurant location?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Does anyone know the location of the restaurant "El Paraiso"? See the below article from Puerto Plata Digital.
I'm on the Costambar Security Committee and don't recall hearing of a robbery such as the one described.
Also this article states that the theft took place in March, while another website gave April as the month.
Can anyone enlighten me???
Thanks
PUERTO PLATA.- A 22-year-old youth was arrested last night by a National Police patrol as he is accused of stealing several items from a commercial establishment.

The detainee is Juan Ariel Ventura (Saso), a resident of Antigua Via Férrea, since arrest warrant number 609-01-2018-ADM-00522 was issued against him, due to the fact that together with those, Eri, Olvis and Wilson, perpetrated a looting of a business in Costambar.

Ventura who will be brought to justice in the next few hours, committed with his henchmen the criminal action last March in the restaurant El Paraíso, owned by Mr. Carlos Jesus De La Rosa Alvarez.

According to the police source, the warned and his companions of misdeeds who are fugitives stole 10 small tables, 10 chairs, 3 machetes, 18 knives, 5 cauldrons, 3 frying pans, 2 frying irons, the sum of 500 pesos in cash .

In addition, 5 packs of cigarettes, 3 boxes of wine, 6 liters of rum, 3 bottles of vodka, 2 liters of Jhonny Walker whiskey, 12 milk cartons brand Listamilk, 12 cans of coconut milk, among other items.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
It's the tiny restaurant at the beginning of the beach near the Brugal beach club and across from the Harley's Rock place on the corner. I googled it! :)

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
It's the tiny restaurant at the beginning of the beach near the Brugal beach club and across from the Harley's Rock place on the corner. I googled it! :)

Thanks Judy. Tiny it is! We've been going there for a while, but never knew its name. Best empanadas on the beach!
But they NEVER had 10 tables or even 10 chairs. When was this robbery?
Also, my googling brought up a number of restaurants by that name, but nothing in Costambar. Can you post link?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Thanks Judy. Tiny it is! We've been going there for a while, but never knew its name. Best empanadas on the beach!
But they NEVER had 10 tables or even 10 chairs. When was this robbery?
Also, my googling brought up a number of restaurants by that name, but nothing in Costambar. Can you post link?

http://www.costambar.org/barRestaurant.php list of restaurants in Costambar

https://www.facebook.com/Al-Paraiso-370970122939452/

I typed in the name but added restaurant and costambar...google helps me :) I don't know when the robbery was...want me to email Jack Cameron?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I typed in the name but added restaurant and costambar...google helps me :) I don't know when the robbery was...want me to email Jack Cameron?

No need, Judy. I'll see him in a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: