Where is the diet Pepsi???

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
For the last two weeks diet Pepsi has disappeared on the North Coast. I know, who cares, but its my one addiction (well might be another or two) and with the heat its a bummer ....

Playero, Super Pola, and all the markets, nada :-(

Anyone have an idea why??? I also noticed all diet drinks (like coke, ugh) have also limited quantity (if any).

If you see any please let me know ,,,,

singletravel

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not sure it helps but i saw diet peKsi in jose luis in puerto plata.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
No diet Pepsi or Coca Cola sin azucar in Janet's, Cabarete yesterday. It looks like they want to fatten us up!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Seems to be a cyclical production/distribution problem. Playero in Sosua routinely alternates between droughts of diet pepsi and diet coke. Usually lots of the regular bottles though. I'm of the opinion that they should be ordering half of the regular and twice as much of the diet based on my causal observations regarding general availability and what other shoppers are piling into their carts... then there are the restaurants/bars that fill a couple of carts at a time and bread, buns, pop and ground meat.

At least the availability of large bags of dry dog food seems to have stabilized for the time being, subject to change at anytime of course. It seems that in the days after the wagon trains from the campo roll in to stock up, everything I'm looking for is gone for at least a week.

General rule still applies, if you see it buy it, if it will keep. No reason to run of pop at 50 - 60 pesos a bottle if you have a car - buy 20 bottles at a time, everyone else seems to.