New carry-on restrictions

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
X-mas is approaching, this is to make it easier for them to collect the gifts for their loved ones... :devious::bunny:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Looks like it will impossible to travel with just a carry on. Look at the list. No toothpaste? Lipstick has became a real hazard also.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Since when were Hair Gel and Tooth Paste on the list ??
WT ??

so those .99 cent travel size mini toothpaste tubes ... Are they actually gonna confiscate those now ?
This is getting way beyond Retarded.

Yes they are. Read what the link says. No liquid also, even under 3 oz. Also don't even try to bring a bottle of water.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
By the way, what happened to all the fanfare about US Customs clearing citizens in PC?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Yes they are. Read what the link says. No liquid also, even under 3 oz. Also don't even try to bring a bottle of water.

No water, si …….. but freeze the water into a block of ice and you good to go. Once they made me drink what little had melted and they let me breeze right on in.

Feb 7, 2007
You have 0.7 chance to pass liquids through PUJ. Last time was the biggest bottle.. I bought two big Gatorade bottles and daughter only took a sip from hers. Didn't want to throw it out so I decided I'll take a chance. I put the almost full bottle to carry on and passed through fine... She finished the rest of Gatorade on the plane.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
TSA is USA

I am aware of that , I was making a comparison..

they are out of control down there ..this is just way beyond ridiculous .
do these clown actually think they are preventing Terrorism with this nonsense ?
and Keep confiscating those Expensive Lipsticks too .. those women will get so upset , they may NEVER come back to the DR.

I am curious who is making these Bonehead decisions, and are the Ministers of Tourism aware of it .

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This list is way more restrictive than the TSA list when departing the US. There are at least 10 items on the Dominican list that I brought in my carry on bag when flying out of MIA 4 days ago.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
i''m calling BS on the no-meds in carry on rule. I seriously doubt they are going to confiscate prescription meds.

I'll take one for the team and do a test run.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am aware of that , I was making a comparison..

they are out of control down there ..this is just way beyond ridiculous .
do these clown actually think they are preventing Terrorism with this nonsense ?
and Keep confiscating those Expensive Lipsticks too .. those women will get so upset , they may NEVER come back to the DR.

I am curious who is making these Bonehead decisions, and are the Ministers of Tourism aware of it .

Just sayin', maybe the DR is listening to requests other countries want for flights arriving in their land? Don't always be so quick to point the finger.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe it's a way to get carry on luggage down to a reasonable size so that it fits under the seat or doesn't take up the entire overhead bin?

As for other countries requesting these changes I thought carry on restrictions were for flight safety only.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i''m calling BS on the no-meds in carry on rule. I seriously doubt they are going to confiscate prescription meds.

I'll take one for the team and do a test run.

I suspect they mean OTC meds, they can’t mean prescription meds in their original bottles.

An eyelash curler, and pasta. What am I going to do, bat my lashes at you while I beat you with spaghetti?

Note they specifically say their requirements differ from TSA, no mini toothpaste, shampoo, etc., ludicrous.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
From your link:

"Unless the passenger has a doctor’s note, Security is also directing passengers to put all
medicine in their checked bags."

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Seems that DR airport vendors are in cahoots with airports for more boutique biusiness.

I can't find any TSA directive and don't expect to. You can't take those items in a carry-on, but you can IF you buy them after going through security.

From AE's link:

Once through security, passengers may purchase these items and bring on the aircraft.

I call shenanigans...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I’d be really upset if they lost my luggage with my meds in them!

From your link:

"Unless the passenger has a doctor’s note, Security is also directing passengers to put all
medicine in their checked bags."

A doctor's note equals a prescription. Your label on the medicine bottle should cover this? Yes? …. me thinks so, some peeps may need to take the meds during flight so no way do they mean pack them in checked baggage. Now who is going to be able to verify what meds you have in that medicine bottle are indeed what the label says is beyond me.