Where to pay the OVERSTAY Fees at Las Americas Airport SD

fiocco

Mar 26, 2016
Hi, anyone know where must pay the overstay Fees at the Airport in Santo Domingo before leaving the Country?
Thanks

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There’s a counter to the far right of immigration, go right there, pay your fee, then get in line for immigration a few feet away

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There’s a counter to the far right of immigration, go right there, pay your fee, then get in line for immigration a few feet away

If two people traveling together have one get in the immigration line and the other one go pay the fine.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have also seen people "play stupid" and go directly to the immigration line. When it is your turn the immigration officer will do one of two things, stamp your passport or direct you to the pay booth. You would then go pay your fine and come directly back to the person who was originally about to stamp your passport.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have also seen people "play stupid" and go directly to the immigration line. When it is your turn the immigration officer will do one of two things, stamp your passport or direct you to the pay booth. You would then go pay your fine and come directly back to the person who was originally about to stamp your passport.

The days of slipping through are past, as far as I know. All passports are locked after 30 days. Even Mr AE, Dominican born American citizen with US passport, had to have his unlocked by showing his cedula.