VET in Santiago - Cabarete or Sosua

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
Please help:
I want to travel to Europe with my pet. I live in Moca and the vet where I live, can not go to the capital to have the necessary documents of my pet legalized. Is there some of you who knows a veterinarian in Santiago, cabarete or Sosua who can carry out the vaccinations and also ensures that the documents are legalized in the capital? Thank you so much for reading my message. Best regards
Hiram

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Since when do the pet records need to be legalized? Is this a specific requirement for the country you are going to? I was under the impression one just had to demonstrate vaccinations were given and the pet is certified to be in good general health.

I have never heard of a vet or a customer going to SD to legalize vet travel documents. Maybe check with a rescue group, they ship dogs all over the place frequently.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When we took our dog out of DR, the vet had a special form he had to complete, I think we paid $1500-2000 pesos for it. That’s all we needed. We turned it in at the airport, paid another 400 pesos, and got on the plane.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
To enter Europe your dog has to have microchip and titer determination for rabies. Does your dog have this?
if yes, then your veterinarian just has to fill out the health certification, it doesn't need to get legalized in SD, and at the airport there you have to get an other paper costs about 400 pesos. that's all.
the vaccination required are just rabies, and should be up-to-date. and at least 30 days before departure..https://www.uni-giessen.de/facultie...-into-eu-from-third-countries?set_language=en

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Use the vet beside the German meat place.... near Dr Bob

No legalized papers needed ...
400 at the airport and 200 or 300 to the vet

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
Cdn GRINGO : Travelling too Europe from the DR is more compliocated since a few months......

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005
Thank you all for your message(s), I have sent a message to doctor Bob in Sosua, i hope he will resolve the problem, Sephora and i we are a real great team. Sephora is a cat......... :)
All the best !
HIRAM

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
This is who I use in Santiago. Saved my dog's life after both Cabarete vets brushed off Iliciosa, which is a tick borne illness that basically eats blood platelets. My friend's dog died from it and mine almost did. Thanks to the sad death of my friend's dog, I found out my dog had this illness because she was suffering similar symptoms. She found out what her dog had from Dr. Jose in Santiago and so did I because they do blood tests that are serviced by the local human hospital there.

I do use Bob for regular vaccinations, but anything serious we go to Santiago.

http://hospitalveterinariocentral.com/

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I do use Bob for regular vaccinations, but anything serious we go to Santiago.

http://hospitalveterinariocentral.com/[/QUOTE]

Dr Jose did patella surgery on my dog , who is still in rehab mode for 2 more months. they also tested and treated my other dog for 2 types of tick disease.. they are wonderful !!!! Dr Bob is good and is easier then going to Santiago but anything serious I go over the mtn.

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
Dr Jose did patella surgery on my dog , who is still in rehab mode for 2 more months. they also tested and treated my other dog for 2 types of tick disease.. they are wonderful !!!! Dr Bob is good and is easier then going to Santiago but anything serious I go over the mtn.

My dog had 3 types of surgery on her knee for ligaments and arthritis. She is 11 now, but had the surgery 3 years ago. She is 100% fine and runs on the beach like a puppy still. When we go there, my dog is actually happy. It is the strangest thing. Like she LOVES going to the vet for the first time ever. They treat her like a baby. They even watch her while I run errands in Santiago.