For Those Who Use Electric On Demand Water Heaters

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
My cheap Taiwan water heater started leaking and I decided to get a new one. After much hunting around the capital for one 220v with 3/4 connections, I settled. I bought an Eemax that is 220V with 1/2in compression connections. Although I have an issue with a very slow leak where I put a coupler to convert to 3/4. I was pleased to learn that that brand is manufactured in the USA. It is well built and has very good technical support. Also a company in DR called Aqua Solutions repairs, rebuilds and installs the units. The electrical connection is two hot wires and a ground. The 2 hot wires are from Co Phased 115v to 220v. Not exactly sure how that works but that was exactly what my old one had also so the wiring was simple. The unit is small but heats quickly and provides plenty of hot water for 2 sinks, 1 kitchen sink and a shower. It is solely on demand and you hear a distinct click as you turn the hot water on and off. Comes with a 1 year warranty on mechanics and electrical. May have had an affect on warranty, as I installed myself I hope this helps someone who is in the market and deciding on a purchase.

JB

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
My cheap Taiwan water heater started leaking and I decided to get a new one. After much hunting around the capital for one 220v with 3/4 connections, I settled. I bought an Eemax that is 220V with 1/2in compression connections. Although I have an issue with a very slow leak where I put a coupler to convert to 3/4. I was pleased to learn that that brand is manufactured in the USA. It is well built and has very good technical support. Also a company in DR called Aqua Solutions repairs, rebuilds and installs the units. The electrical connection is two hot wires and a ground. The 2 hot wires are from Co Phased 115v to 220v. Not exactly sure how that works but that was exactly what my old one had also so the wiring was simple. The unit is small but heats quickly and provides plenty of hot water for 2 sinks, 1 kitchen sink and a shower. It is solely on demand and you hear a distinct click as you turn the hot water on and off. Comes with a 1 year warranty on mechanics and electrical. May have had an affect on warranty, as I installed myself I hope this helps someone who is in the market and deciding on a purchase.

JB
Can you tell me which model you purchased and the price you paid in the DR?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
See above

I did read his post, which was very helpful. The manufacturer has several models, varying by kw and gallons per minute. Your reply does not answer any of my questions. I was hoping the OP could explain which version of the hot water heater and how much it costs in the DR.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When you reduced from 3/4" to 1/2" what did you do that now has a slow drip ?
Was in PVC, CPVC, copper or galvanized steel.
Keep in mind CPVC is a better product but the glues are different than PVC so use a CVPC primer and CVPC glue if you want that connection to solvent-weld.
Or better yet you can use a threaded fitting and they sell them here with an o-ring inside the female coupling to seat at the seat.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
When you reduced from 3/4" to 1/2" what did you do that now has a slow drip ?
Was in PVC, CPVC, copper or galvanized steel.
Keep in mind CPVC is a better product but the glues are different than PVC so use a CVPC primer and CVPC glue if you want that connection to solvent-weld.
Or better yet you can use a threaded fitting and they sell them here with an o-ring inside the female coupling to seat at the seat.
Bill boy knows his plumbing good job

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I have only seen one Eemax in DR the small one. If you buy in Santo Domingo direct from Aqua Solutions you will get it 1K cheaper. But I dont know how much they charge for installation.809 566-6335 Aqua Solutions.
It is the EX95. I bought it in Santo Domingo, Almacenes Unidos, Ave JFK Esquina, Winston Churchill 13,995rd. 809 472-6911

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Hello, The connection originally was 1/2 inch compression on the heater. I removed the nut and the compression washer. I wrapped with teflon tape and secured a female 1/2 to 3/4 male brass coupler (No Washer Included). This in turn connected to a 3/4 supply line hose that comes out of the wall. It leaks where the coupler connects to the heater at the 1/2 inch side.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Bill boy knows his plumbing good job

Hello, The connection originally was 1/2 inch compression on the heater. I removed the nut and the compression washer. I wrapped with teflon tape and secured a female 1/2 to 3/4 male brass coupler (No Washer Included). This in turn connected to a 3/4 supply line hose that comes out of the wall. It leaks where the coupler connects to the heater at the 1/2 inch side.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I have only seen one Eemax in DR the small one. If you buy in Santo Domingo direct from Aqua Solutions you will get it 1K cheaper. But I dont know how much they charge for installation.809 566-6335 Aqua Solutions.
It is the EX95. I bought it in Santo Domingo, Almacenes Unidos, Ave JFK Esquina, Winston Churchill 13,995rd. 809 472-6911

Thank you!