Shootout at the border

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They brought in the gang that couldn't shoot straight

From the above link
COMENDADOR, Elías Piña.- Members of the Specialized Terrestrial Border Security Corps (Cesfront) had to be assisted by an elite commando with two M-50 and M-60 machine guns, to repel the assault by the military, police and civilians Haitians, after the retention of some Haitian and Dominican patanasnas.

The panic seized the populous sector of El Carrizal, in the western part of this municipality, before the shooting between the military, police and civilians Haitians and military Cesfront, who kept the doors and windows of their homes closed for almost the entire afternoon of Yesterday.

To prevent Haitians from entering this municipality when the shooting began, the Dominican military closed the two gates through which the thousands of Haitian merchants who come to this municipality enter and leave to participate in the bi-national market held on Mondays and Fridays. weekly.

Last night it was known that none of the injured was serious, since it was only lacerations.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
A comment I saw: 8 hours shooting only 3 injured? :D Hard to believe that this really took 8 hours.

Well, on another note. Time for a wall, no US government around opposed to walls at the moment... :devious:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A comment I saw: 8 hours shooting only 3 injured? :D Hard to believe that this really took 8 hours.

Well, on another note. Time for a wall, no US government around opposed to walls at the moment... :devious:

elite commandos, equipped with machine guns, could only hit three people?

this article is fugazy.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

The actual shootings probably took a total of 10 minutes... spread out over 8 hours.

Who knows, maybe they shot two bullets per hour or something. :dead:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...hard to argue with a m-50 machine gun...50 caibre...goes through cars, trucks, cement walls...looks like most of their equipment is from USA........

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Jeeesuuuus........ gotta love the defensive postions........lol.

Dominican secret plans in case of haitian invasion:
1. Stand up in the middle of the road in large groups---- mixing civilian teenagers and soldiers is a must and earns you double the points.
2. Order soldiers to throw stones at invader.
3. Proceed to shoot your gun over the head of your friends/group/squad. Blast away at nothing in particuliar. Chaos is good for the morale.

malko, you have to understand a very critical instinct of Dominicans....they HAVE to know what is happening. so, when gunshots are heard, they run towards the source. they have to see the action..

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Lots of rocks thrown at each other but didn't hear any shots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQROPOm657Q&has_verified=1

1. Stand up in the middle of the road in large groups---- mixing civilian teenagers and soldiers is a must and earns you double the points.
3. Proceed to shoot your gun over the head of your friends/group/squad. Blast away at nothing in particuliar. Chaos is good for the morale.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

malko, you have to understand a very critical instinct of Dominicans....they HAVE to know what is happening. so, when gunshots are heard, they run towards the source. they have to see the action..

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I could see this being used to increase anti Haitian feelings here in the D.R. I hope it just passes over with no reoccurrence.

Sep 4, 2012
I could see this being used to increase anti Haitian feelings here in the D.R. I hope it just passes over with no reoccurrence.

This has been going on for years. Now it resonate louder because of technology available at the hands of the populace. Everybody has access to a phone with camera, video, text, email, chats, internet and Fayboo.

In the past, none of the above was available, hence, the same episodes were never available to the press - no that it didn't happen.