Protocol

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Dating Protocol

So, when you find someone in the DR who meets HB's three rules and you'd like to see a movie with him or something, is it OK for the female to call the male or is it better done the other way around?

Pib, I know you have something to say to this.

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I think that HB's rules only apply to potential candidates for Significant Other, it doesn't apply to someone with whom you only intend to go see a movie, unless, you want him for "or something" ;) For going to the movies my only rules is that he doesn't have any known murder convictions.

Men are not precissely noted for their abbility to pick up on hints, it is very hard to get inside a man's head without the use of an ax so you have to be as subtle as a train wreck sometimes. I say ask him out... after all the worst thing that could happen is that you have to invite me to the movies if he says no.

Pib
dozey.gif

Who gets guys running for their life...

Last edited:

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
"I agree with Jim, it's hard to know if a thread has merit without reading it and once one has read it one often wants to comment.."

If you live in a glass house.......

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How does this apply to "Protocol"?

Actually I thought the thread dealt with lab techniques..

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
I say GO FOR IT we are in the new millenium, hell if he says no just think he dont know what his missin!

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Thanks to everyone who pointed out that my thread title was not specific enough. You're right, I'm sorry... I'll try to think of a way to make reparations to all involved.

thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey rrwells!

Forget Jim's comments. Make your intros the most interesting and oblique as you wish.

As for the movie, just say, "hey, let's go see Spiderman and have some laughs!" His loss if he has other plans..

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Last edited:

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
No worries, I already did just that and yes we are going so if you don't hear from me after the weekend, you'll know that I'm another victim of blue passport syndrome. HA HA.
I was really just wondering if it's acceptable in Dominican culture but then I realized I'm not Dominican so I might as well do whatever I want (within reason)... I'm still curious if it's acceptable in Dominican culture though.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Exactly rrwells!!!

Whenever I get a comment about something I do here in Spain from a Spanish friend I say 'Soy extranjera. Puedo hacer cosas extra?as!' Thats the fun of being a foreigner, just chalk up all hte weird things you do to being American.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Yep.

I look differently, dress differently, walk differently, eat differently... I may as well act as I wish because my hopes of fitting in are nil. But, sticking out can be fun too. :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
rrwells take him to see Spiderman like Hillbilly suggested. It's such a good movie. Great photography, stunts,a little romance. Nothing like getting away from reality for a couple of hours.Have you seen it Hillbilly?

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
That movie's not out in the DR yet. We'll have to wait for that romantic opportunity.

Corona

Apr 18, 2002
Hey Rachel,

Just wanted to say I think it's great you are there, doing your "thang"! We are still in Portland, which I understand is where you lived before your move to DR. I would love to hear about your work, your life in general there, anything at all you care to share...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Pib said:
I think that HB's rules only apply to potential candidates for Significant Other, it doesn't apply to someone with whom you only intend to go see a movie, unless, you want him for "or something" ;) For going to the movies my only rules is that he doesn't have any known murder convictions.

Men are not precissely noted for their abbility to pick up on hints, it is very hard to get inside a man's head without the use of an ax so you have to be as subtle as a train wreck sometimes. I say ask him out... after all the worst thing that could happen is that you have to invite me to the movies if he says no.

Pib
dozey.gif

Who gets guys running for their life...

Dearest PIB

First of all, men are a little different than women. Let me try to shed some light on the subject to you.

We do not do "HINTS".

If you say something and mean something else and although we know and understand this will not ask further.

Sundays are for watching sports.

Birthdays, holidays and other days that stand out in your mind are not excuses for us to buy you presents that outdo the last one you got.

If you want the truth ask us a specific question. If you want attention, petting, reinforcement on how beautiful you are ask your girlfriends, afterall, that is what they are there for.

Hope these hints are helpful to you.

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Corona

Yes, Corona, I'm from Portland and I miss it so much. It's a beautiful city with beautiful people.

In fact, I'm going back to Oregon in a few weeks for my brother's wedding and was wondering if you still need a good map of the DR. I could bring it back and mail it to you stateside. Let me know, email me OK!

:) Rachel

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]jazzcom[/B] said:
First of all, men are a little different than women.
I think I've known that since baby bro was born when I was 4. For some years I also thought that getting the "extra flesh" gave men a smell of poo. Apparently my baby bro had an all too fast digestive system.

Later in life I've had plenty opportunity to confirm that you guys are different. Which I find good, in an amussing way. I think I told rrwells that she should ask a straight question. That is not to say that the guy will understand what she meant. Just admit it, you boys are dense sometimes. :rolleyes:

Woman: What do you say we go to the movies tonight?
Man hears:What do you say we go to the movies tonight? and then we go to bed...

Woman: Would you like a cup of coffee?
Man hears:Would you like a cup of coffee? and later do the "flip flop"...

Woman: How about we go have a beer with the office crew?
Man hears:How about we go have a beer with the office crew? and shag all night...

Woman: Of course I won't go to bed with you!
Man hears:.. ...... . ....'. .. .. .... .... ...! and we go to bed later...

Last edited:

rrwells

Mar 19, 2002
Pib -- I'd be laughing right now if you hadn't pointed out exactly what I'm afraid of.

I think you and Jazzcom are on the same wavelength (somehow) in that you both think it is best to not hint around to men and be upfront because they can't/don't/won't do the hinting game for whatever reason that may be.

Thanks!