Shipping to the US

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Who should I use to ship a couple of boxes of household goods (used) back to the US from this area.
Thanks

Bob K

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
For large heavy boxes, I'd investigate using an airline first.

Less handling means less potential for damage. Probably cheaper than a courier but may not be as convenient. Using a company that can avoid intermediate customs inspections is advisable - ie direct from the DR to whatever country you ultimately wish to boxes to arrive in.

charlie&ziggy

Mar 1, 2009
And how have the airports been? I have had bags pilfered and went through almost everytime I have flown out of POP.

Jan 17, 2009
Never had an issue and Ive flow out of POP several times a year for the past 12 years. For over five years now, if the DR TSA needs to open your bags, you need to be present. Youur airline will call your name and accompany you.

And how have the airports been? I have had bags pilfered and went through almost everytime I have flown out of POP.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never heard of any good way to send boxes out of the DR. A local guitar maker gave up trying to ship out of the DR because of the costs and major problems with US customs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Never had an issue and Ive flow out of POP several times a year for the past 12 years. For over five years now, if the DR TSA needs to open your bags, you need to be present. Youur airline will call your name and accompany you.

It may have been 5 years now that the ring of baggage handlers were caught stealing at POP airport. Not doing it at all any more?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I guess my nephew will not be getting the stuff I wanted to send him. :(

Bob K