the world's poorest Spanish-speaking country

harold

Mar 23, 2002
I have a question to Rob or who ever writes the news for DR1. I notice you stated that the DR is " the world's poorest spanish speakin g country." How did you come up with that. I hate to put other countries down but judging by GNP per capita the following countries are poorer: Nicaragua, Salvador and Ecuador. All these countries are spanish speaking. Please clarify. Thank You!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You forgot Bolivia

Bolivia is often compared with Hait? as the poorest countries in the Western hemisphere.

No doubt that places like Guatemala, Honduara and Nicaragua are close behind.

This place isn't that poor when there is so much money being flaunted at every little town...

Just a thought

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Sarcasm?? What are you talking about? Are you saying I'm NOT beautiful? What the...

I have to take a minute to say that I love your style

[sarcasm-free]Duude! You're too kind - and I thrive on praise![/sarcasm-free]

Last edited:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I think there's only room for one goddess on these boards and that I should stick to ditz.

realspinsmilieanimation.gif

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Oops!

Jane J I didn't mean that you are not beautiful, I haven't even seen your picture! I just like your style and your wits. If only there were more like you in this board. :rolleyes:

And about not being enough place for another goddess, I say, plenty of room for someone like you. What goddess would you be? We still have room for Salad Goddess, Weather Goddess, Late Christmas Gifts Goddess and Laundry Goddess. Send your application now :)

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Wah! Lead balloon!

Drats, Pib. I went back and edited so that my message was a bit less ambiguous. Stop with the compliments already! I'm all choked up over here...you like me...you really like me! (TM Sally Field) I'm just not goddess material though...

To further highjack this topic...(there's a topic here?)...Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything, everything I wish I could be. Ah. I could fly higher than an ea-ea-gle. You are the wind beneath my wings. Seriously.

Ken, you must be having a stroke over this.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can't wait for Wednesday!!

this is gonna be fun....
a 'ditz" and a hillbilly....maybe some others....

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
What was the original question?

Reading the last few posts here I wonder if this is a kissing contest or another deviated thread?

What was the original question? Can anybody respond to it?

TW

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey, GOLO!!

Get in your "high priced, luxury, muscle car" and go up to Sosua on Wednesday....

The thread was hijacked by a couple of ladies....

Question was : Is the DR the poorest Spanish - speaking country in South/Central/Caribbean america?

However it is ambiguous, since it could be referring to the monetary situation or the linguistic situation. In neith case are we the "poorest" . Mexico takes us in the linguistic department and Bolivia in the Economic department.

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't forget to get a picture. I'd like to see Jane in something besides the newspaper clipping.

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
Not a true statement...

Hi,

I ran into this false assertion on the web page of www.goinggoingproductions. com. They are the ones who are filming a new documentary on Dominican Baseball players in the big leagues.

This is just an overstatement , since as someone else had mentioned already, Peru, Nicaragua, Bolivia and other South American Countries are economically poorer than the DR. I am not sure about the quality of the Spanish command, though. I believe they just wanted to add extra drama to their work for advertising and selling purposes. GN