sandtrap inn in costambar? what about small pop hotels

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
does anyone have any information on good places to stay in costambar. i have been looking into the Sandtrap Inn. anyone have any info on it?
what about residencia atlantico in comparison?
i have been contemplating between these places in costambar or any others if anyone has any good suggestions
I also am looking for suggestions for POP: Lomar, Portafino guest house, and the Latin Quarter. If anyone has any infor on these or a telephone number/prices for Latin quarter please let me know. i
can't find info on Latin quarter at all!
thanks for your help

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sure Grahame will tell you

Grahame is our Resident Expert on 'Things Puerto Plata" , so I expect him to chime in this morning.

I always like to stay at Sofy's B&B, since she is a friend and prepares the world's #1 breakfast. Costs are reasonable and you are nearer to all the "things to do" places. You can e-mail Noelle...just send me an e-mail and I'll send you her addie.

Regards,

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Isn't Sandtrap that place...

...in Puerto Plata where you pay one price and the chicas are provided for you on the premises. I think I looked at it when I was planning for my brothers bachelor party last year. Correct me if Im wrong but I would probably find another place.

Check out the decorations!

http://puertoplatabilly.s5.com/photo5.html

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
What Mcinbrass says WAS true - fortunately things are now changing or changed!! When Billy was there, I think he had an arrangement with a Canadian company that promoted availability of girls at the hotel but Gracias a Dios, this type of trade at the hotel has dropped off dramatically. There will be a new webpage & link to Sandtrap Inn available very shortly.

The hotel is beautifully positioned for those who want a "Quiet" holiday - away from the town of Puerto Plata, right on the beach of Costamber & on the quieter end of the Costamber community. The rooms are very spacious, clean & tidy having recently been refurbished. It is owned by Alberto Noesi who is a financier here in Puerto Plata & he has it up for sale if anyone is interested in a 25 bedroomed hotel!! It is NOT All inclusive but breakfast can be available for those that require it & restaurants abound in the Costamber locality.

If you want further 'Specific' questions answered, by all means send me an e-mail & I will get the answers directly from Alberto.

Residencia Atlantico is I believe in the town centre - Calle Doce de Julio (12th of July Street). If it IS the one I am thinking of then Sandtrap is DEFINATELY the better bet. Atlantico is very basic, has "Outhouses" as the rooms & these are nothing like as clean & tidy as Sandtrap

Give me a call when you get down here - I might be able to throw some of the local knowledge aquired from 10 years of living here in your direction (That's if you want it??!!). Regards - Grahame.

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
gracias to all with helpful hints.
grahame- thanks so much i will keep you in mind if i need any pertinent info!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Bushbaby. It is not the sandtrap inn you are referring to but the Costambar Guest House and I was there Friday night so I know I am not losing my mind. Not only was I there but I was there with Alberto. I don't know the Sandtrap inn. Billys son was working there but no longer.

Wow this is like out of an Edgar Alan Poe story.

I recommend the Costambar Guest house to anyone. Nicely situated across the street from the beach with a nice pool. Costambar is a lovely area convienent to Puerto Plata.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Jazzcom.

jazzcom said:
Bushbaby. It is not the sandtrap inn you are referring to but the Costambar Guest House and I was there Friday night so I know I am not losing my mind. Not only was I there but I was there with Alberto. I don't know the Sandtrap inn. Billys son was working there but no longer.

Wow this is like out of an Edgar Alan Poe story.

I recommend the Costambar Guest house to anyone. Nicely situated across the street from the beach with a nice pool. Costambar is a lovely area convienent to Puerto Plata.

Needless to say, I STAND by original message!!! SandTrap Inn is the official (& acknowledged/recognised) name for what now has a notice board outside referring to it as 'Costambar Guest House'. Just to keep you up to date, the hotel is about to change it's name "Officially" to either Hotel Costambar or SandTrap Inn Hotel Costambar. A new webpage/website is being produced & will be launched just as soon as the new name has been agreed upon & accepted by the authorities.

I know I have lived here a long time (10 years) but I too have not yet lost my mind. - Grahame.