Russia is a visa free for Dominican citizens

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Russian prime minister signed a decree allowing Dominican citizens to enter to Russian Federation without visa for 90 day stay period.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Where did you read it? I knew that was in preocess 2 years ago, but never heard about it, visa free to Brasil is also waitting for aficial decree, was announced but we still need visas to Brasil.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
More countries the better. But what are the best, easiest, cheapest ways to travel and vacation there?

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Russian prime minister signed a decree allowing Dominican citizens to enter to Russian Federation without visa for 90 day stay period.
I am impressed. Even U.S. passport holders need a visa for the Russian Federation.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Here is what I found today, this information is current:

Russia Visa for Dominican Republic passport holder

Thanks, so if is finally true must wait for oficial announcement, Visa free to Brazil looks like is in a limbo too, there was an official announcement about it like 2 months ago but we still need to apply for a visa to visit Brasil because some legal procedures in the brazilean congress must be done.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I am impressed. Even U.S. passport holders need a visa for the Russian Federation.
The Russians probably thought 'one of two things will happen with this tropical people; 1. they know its very very very cold and dark and horrible here most time of the year and don't dare come; 2. they don't know and come, then they know and leave. Eh, lets give them visa free. He he he he.'

Oh look, a young Dominican already made it to Russia. Notice how he's loss for words after he says 'if you are interested in coming to Russia' (at about 0:12). LOL

Come on Wilkins, it can't be that bad. LOL

[video=youtube;QHHYNvTyzos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHYNvTyzos[/video]

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

There is a "history" between Russia and the USA, perhaps? I heard there is some on going investigation somewhere about recent things. No sure what that's about. :smoke:

It is amusing that my wife would not need a visa and I would.

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
Well according to this http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/visa_free_regime.htm Dominicans with Diplomatic and Service passports holders only.

https://goingrus.com/info/en/get-russian-visa/who-needs-a-visa-to-visit-russia

Dominican Republic No visa required Normal Up to 90 days of simultaneous stay

Some sites have DR with no visas requirements. We tried to go in July but my cousin was told
to send his passport to Venezuela for a visa stamp which take 20 days.

I went to the Russian embassy in NY(91 Street). The guards there kicked me out of the line and
told me go to an agency on 7 Ave. (Invisa Logistics Services) We are trying again in the spring.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
bonao said:
Dominican Republic No visa required Normal Up to 90 days of simultaneous stay

Some sites have DR with no visas requirements. We tried to go in July but my cousin was told
to send his passport to Venezuela for a visa stamp which take 20 days.

You should have bought a ticket for one of the worldcup matches during the visa-free regime this summer.

I went to the Russian embassy in NY(91 Street). The guards there kicked me out of the line and
told me go to an agency on 7 Ave. (Invisa Logistics Services) We are trying again in the spring.

Dominicans with regular passports need a visa to visit Russia, despite of what some sites state. Either from DR in 20 days (via Venezuela) or if in New York from their visa center on 7 Ave. (don't go to the consulate on 91st as they no longer issue visas there).

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
This agreement must be signed by Dominican government and here it takes a loooooot of time even for a simple things.

Russia now have bilateral agreements for visa free travel with all South American countries.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Now is Oficial, Dominicans can visit Russia without visa,

https://listindiario.com/la-republi...men-visado-entre-rusia-y-republica-dominicana

Santo Domingo
Los dominicanos podrán viajar a Rusia sin visado, y viceversa, según un acuerdo firmado entre los cancilleres Miguel Vargas Maldonado y de la Federación de Rusia, Sergei Lavrov.

Los nacionales del Estado de una parte, portadores de pasaportes ordinarios, podrán entrar, salir, transitar y permanecer en este territorio de la otra parte sin visa, por un plazo que no supere los sesenta días, durante cada período de ciento ochenta días, desde el momento de su primera entrada.

Vargas declaró que el convenio “dará la oportunidad a los nacionales dominicanos de visitar a este hermoso país, tan rico en cultura e historia, y sin duda alguna traerá consigo un incremento en el flujo de turistas”.

En el acto, que tuvo lugar en la sede de la Cancillería Rusa, los ministros de Exteriores también suscribieron el Memorándum de Intenciones sobre la Interacción Consultiva en Foros Internacionales Multilaterales, “que plasma el deseo de fortalecer el diálogo y la cooperación mutua en temas internacionales de interés común, sobre todo a nivel multilateral”, expuso el canciller dominicano

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
How about a visa free Panama next?
Like who the fook wants to go to Russia
More like we just opened the doors to more Russian mafiosa types on the north coast. Blah Blah Blah