I have been here for 17 years.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'll second that!

While I can bitch and complain as well as the next person, I thoroughly enjoy living here.
After all, we have raised a flock of kids and now are working on the grandkids, so it can't be as bad as some people like to paint it, now can it?

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
HB,
How is the weather pattern around Santiago??
If we do come, it sounds as if that is the area we will look into. It sounds as though it is really hot. And rainy. I guess that I know very little about this area. Any info that you can give would be helpful. I am just looking for an idea of what it is like.

We would be renting until we got settled, and then buying. We would invest in an inverter d/t the electricity. We love the ocean. And, we are planning to homeschool, so education is not a big deal. I do it here, and they are doing just fine. If the five year old wants to go to school, and it suits him, we will find one for him at that time.

Also, what kind of emergencies do you think cannot be handled by the hospitals in the DR. I know that you said that they health care there is pretty good, but I also read an old post of yours where a friend was airlifted for heart surgery.

I have gotten tons of negative feedback, but you seem to have a different idea of what it is like there!

Thanks,
mainer

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
Dianne, I sent you a long email looking for advice a few weeks ago and never heard back from you, did you get the email?

D

dianepellerin

Sorry, I could not reply to your e-mail

When I sent an answer to Tina and some others, I received my message back. Was there a mistake in the e-mail address? If you want to know more about my experience here, please look at my site: www.tropicalhouse.s5.com
I answer all my e-mails
thanks!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've noticed that your posts, including this one, seem to have more to do with drumming up business for yourself than assisting people to learn about the Dominican Republic. With 17 years experience you should have more to offer.