No water in POP Cero Mar

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
We have not had any water for the past 2 months. I went to the water company as I have a meter. I refused to pay for the first time in 12 years. I told them I did not get any water for 2 months, no water no pay. They said oh no, you must pay. So after 3 months they said ok you can get water now. Great, they charged me 833 peso's. That is one month water and a fine of sorts. Now no more water. I see water trucks all over POP, whats going on? Any ideas. Would you pay for something you are not getting? I asked them that and they said no. I said so why should I pay? They said it would be better for you to pay. I said will you pay for me? They said no, we didn't get your water, no SH7T neither did I, but you still want me to pay. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in short, not much rain so not much water. hence the issue.
have a well dug on your property, that should help a lot.
and yes, they do expect you to pay, even if you do not receive any water.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
in short, not much rain so not much water. hence the issue.
have a well dug on your property, that should help a lot.
and yes, they do expect you to pay, even if you do not receive any water.
We didn't get water for two months, but fortunately we have a well. The water people in Jarabacoa said not to pay if we don't get water. Seems the water billing/customer service company here is separate from the engineering company and are often at odds with the engineering side.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Heck water just flows In our streets in Los Ceros in several locations. Enough to supply at lest 200 homes their daily usage. So I don't think Corraplata gives a hoot

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We did not have water for years. Told not to pay. Put in well (on a Sunday) and collect rain water. Had Atty. serve papers within 6 months cxling contract for several reasons. One being that THEY did not deliver trucked water as in the contract. 7 years later, don't know if we have city water or not and don't care. They still demand $$ for the 7 years and ask where do we get our water. We tell them to talk and collect from God.

You have to find your own way and file the papers. Are you getting the trucked water that should be in your contract? Contracts may have changed.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
No city water any where in POP whats going on?

I see water trucks all over POP. Also, Puerto Plata water trucks and workers all over POP as well. Any idea whats going on. Had no Water for 2 months.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is interesting to see that getting water twice a week is not a problem. Conditioning to accept unreasonable service, I suppose. That would be a problem to me.

Every day, all day, is "not a problem".

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I see water trucks all over POP. Also, Puerto Plata water trucks and workers all over POP as well. Any idea whats going on. Had no Water for 2 months.

The OP already started another thread about this same topic, and was responded to (I'm sorry, that is not meant to come accross as offensive, but rather just confirming if they saw the message). We live relatively close to POP city center, have no problems with water, but I've also seen quite a few water trucks going around. I've also seen Coraaplata working on piping on a few places, so could be that those trucks are to help with that.

From the OPs other thread, I gathered that they live above Torre Alta (if I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct), and that is a place we've considered renting in a few years ago, but before paying anything, we talked to a few neighbors, and every one of them said that having water truck come there is "normal", and there's a serious lack of water up there.

It is interesting to see that getting water twice a week is not a problem. Conditioning to accept unreasonable service, I suppose. That would be a problem to me.

Every day, all day, is "not a problem".

We get supplied twice a week, live in a very nice area, and nobody has any problems with this...

We have large cistern, some houses here additionally tinacos, and there are also some pools around. Never without water, and we don't consume that little either with 4 people...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As long as people are happy with getting water only twice a week, then that is fine for you.

It also have a cistern and could go without a constant water supply from CORAAPLATA, but I would not like that.

It is well known that the head of CORAAPLATA has a separate water company to supply water in trucks to people while the government agency he "manages" supplies water either periodically or not at all to various regions. Seems like a good way for him to make some extra pocket change.