Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Residency Lawyer Cost

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Residency Lawyer Cost

I just got my resident visa from the Dominican Embassy. I had filled my application request as a pensioner because I'm receiving more than $1500 a month pension as an ex-government employee.
    Now I want to start the residency process in DR and the lawyer that I contacted quoted me $2500 American Dollars and it will include everything. Does $2500 sounds reasonable to you? The lawyer is a good and diligent individual. Thanks.

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

The figure you quote is not out of line with what I have experienced. Yes, it is at the high end of the scale. The initial residency application is usually the most challenging. If you found this lawyer by way of recommendation from someone else who used them and was satisfied, then sometimes you do get what you pay for.

For an all-inclusive price, you might be able to find someone a bit cheaper but the savings wouldn't be worth the effort. Everything gets more expensive over time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: No matter who you decide to go with in the end, request copies of all documents (both yours and anything received from Migracion) for your personal files.

4. Likes Cdn_Gringo, bob saunders liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

$2500 is about what we were thinking, for good legal representation. We're not going it alone

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds expensive to me. I would shop around with other lawyers with a good reputation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds on the high side to me, too. Average range is $1500 - $2000 USD. A friend of mine just started his residency and the local lawyer here that he's using who has a very good track record is charging $1500.

8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    It sounds on the high side to me, too. Average range is $1500 - $2000 USD. A friend of mine just started his residency and the local lawyer here that he's using who has a very good track record is charging $1500.
    Good to know. As long as they take care of everything we need (e.g. translation to Spanish, etc). There will be plenty of hoops I will need to jump through myself.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockyM View Post
    Good to know. As long as they take care of everything we need (e.g. translation to Spanish, etc). There will be plenty of hoops I will need to jump through myself.
    Just make sure that the lawyer is highly recommended to you and don't focus on price alone.

11. Likes drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Less than $2k is more like it... if I remember right

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Checked my files.....

Should be $1500 or less

14. Likes drstock liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast